Nigel Price on UK tour - superb jazz guitarist

What's Hot
MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
Some of you won't need telling, but I went to see Nigel Price and quartet in Grimsby last night. He is a truely outstanding jazz guitarist - absolutely world class, with dazzling technique combined with taste and sensitivity, and not afraid to take risks, which adds excitement. If you like that Jimmy Smith organ trio kind of sound, you will just love it. The rest of the band were top-drawer British jazz musicians, as good as you will hear anywhere. The man is a thoroughly nice chap too, and was kind enough to chat to me about guitars and amps and stuff at the end. I really urge you to go see him if you are able, tour dates can be found at the site below:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Just listening to some of his music .. very good. I'll have to check him out. Thanks for the heads up.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Fretwired said:
    Just listening to some of his music .. very good. I'll have to check him out. Thanks for the heads up.
    Nice one @Fretwired . Brilliant to see live, I do thoroughly recommend. He was selling his CDs at very cheap rates (£15 the lot if you bought 4!) - so I took the opportunity to get my collection up to date. :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6421
    Good stuff - thanks.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • mid57mid57 Frets: 42
    Got my ticket for Sunday at Chelmsford looking forward to it and a bulk buy of his CD,s !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    mid57 said:
    Got my ticket for Sunday at Chelmsford looking forward to it and a bulk buy of his CD,s !
    Good to hear, you are in for a treat. If I remember right,, I think there were 6 different CD titles on sale - I already had 3 of them, so bought the 3 I didn't have for £12 - bargain! "Heads and Tails" is a good one to get, as it is a double album.