SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top 1974. £5,495

ChrisJChrisJ Frets: 10
edited May 2023 in LH Guitars £
Extremely rare and drop dead gorgeous, 1974 Les Paul Deluxe lefty Goldtop. One of only 45 made in 74. In remarkable condition for its age, with a lovely vibrant top, with no visible checking, or greening. My guess is that it's been kept in its case for years. There are a few small dinks here and there, and small indentations on the top, but overall it is in Fabulous condition, with almost no fret wear. Pancake body, with stunning inlays. It's ace

A brilliant quirk with these early lefty's, is that a right hand neck was fitted and they put extra marker dots on the other side of the binding, soon after this they made left hand necks and reversed the Les Paul logo

Weighs in at a manageable 9lbs 2oz, so not a backbreaker

At some point way back, the post hole for the bridge at the high E side has been moved around 10mm , I'm guessing to allow for true intonation. This is, as far as I can see the only issue. Neck joint and headstock both perfect.

Electrics, all perfect, original solder, no crackles or scratchy pots.

A pretty rare beast, will just keep going up in value.

Non original, period correct hard case included

Collection preferred, but can discuss delivery by hand within mainland UK
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom