Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Endlessly cycling FX

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    thorpy6 said:

I suspect that I'm going to start kidding myself that I need some modulation pedals once I'm done with delay.
    i solved this by selling my modulations and delays and buying an Eventide H9, the price was covered by the purge and i haven't desired either a separate delay or modulation since (save for the ones i have built for myself). the H9 covers ALL the bases. 
    I agree with this. The H9 is a wonderful piece of kit, and if I ever find something it can't do, chances are that its me that's the limiting factor in the relationship
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I solved it by being crap at tap dancing. Genuinely, I limited myself to what I was happy switching during performance, which for me is delay, boost, volume pedal, that is it. Now that I've got an Axe FX I still work the same way but the switching is super easy. In fairness though I'm playing a set list created with limitations in mind. Maybe in the future I'll add more effects in.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I find that the amount Im interested in pedals is inversely proportional to how enthused I am about writing new material. When I'm feeling dry I tend to spend a lot of money on stuff I dont use. When I'm feeling creatively jazzed I'm fine just using a modeller or whatevers on hand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

I go through that about once or twice a year...where i completely change everything.

but I wil say this...everytime I do it, there are valid reasons, because something isnt working the way I like it, or i've changed my taste a little...or the stuff I had just wasnt good enough. This last time...starting about 2 months ago...included a new guitar, a new amp and all my pedals bar 3 were sold and I got a completely new set of pedals...but also scaled back the board to a number of pedals which are perfectly useable and the right balance between variation and limitation.

...I'm going to say it...I dont have any pedal GAS, I dont think i will change this board for a long time

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    @samzadgan - put your hymen back in and man up! And yes, I realise exactly how difficult that could be to achieve
    i said no PEDAL gas...i have practice combo GAS though...
    @hubobulous...also...you need to get one of these for your fuzz needs:

• Hopefully 'gear angst' - and that is a brilliant phrase btw - is a thing of the past....
    In the internet spirit of ackronyming everything (is dat a woid?), we could also call it MERDA (Musical Equipment Related Displacement Activity), although this is also the Portuguese word for 'shit'. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    longi said:
    I've stopped selling my gear on now and I'm just collecting for the fun of it, I just love gear and the differences in sound. I'm having a whale of a time doing it this way, I've never had more fun with pedals and mfx.
    Excellent ... Give in to The GAS !

I have a pile of to be sold pedals (that 4th Boss TU tuner :\">), and I keep thing "I might need it !" :))
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Jalapeno;374933" said:
    longi said:

I've stopped selling my gear on now and I'm just collecting for the fun of it, I just love gear and the differences in sound. I'm having a whale of a time doing it this way, I've never had more fun with pedals and mfx.

Excellent ... Give in to The GAS !

I have a pile of to be sold pedals (that 4th Boss TU tuner :\">), and I keep thing "I might need it !" :))
    It's the way forward, you know it makes sense!
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2344
    Travis I've always regarded you as a bit of a Legend. In your peak you were buying guitars/ pedals almost hourly. Please go back onto your pedestal and embrace your role as Mr gas.