SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Dale Wilson '51 Nocaster Heavy Relic, Dirty White Blonde - 6lb 7oz, July 2021 build

What's Hot
TubeGuyTubeGuy Frets: 92
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
Bought recently from Peach, nominal home use only:

Flowery words from Peach:

"The Ash body is finished in a really authentically aged Dirty White Blonde Heavy Relic. This finish will wear beautifully with time and develop its own character even further, it also allows the natural resonance of the body to sing and sustain much more effectively.

The Rift Sawn Maple neck is real comfortable. With a 9.5" radius, 21 6105 frets and a ’59 Esquire C profile measuring .790” at 9.70” at the 12th fret it's super resonant and feels incredible underhand. The Maple fingerboard is a treat to play, perfectly balanced and with flawless playability right up the neck, it's a real player's piece.

With the Telecaster design being considered by many to be the original workhorse guitar, the Custom Shop ’51 Nocaster needs a pickup pairing that can deliver the classic twang. With a pair of hand wound 50-51 Blackguard pickups it boasts a versatile and well balanced selection.

Supreme quality from top to bottom and shipped in a Fender Custom Shop hardcase, it's easy to see the Fender Masterbuilders are so highly regarded. Guitars of this calibre just don't come around every day, we love it and we're pretty sure you will too!"

This was one of the best Dale Wilsons that Peach has had in recent years (I've played around ten), super lightweight and resonant. The neck is quite chunky. Modern wiring (no funky bass neck). Case and candy.

Why white blonde, not butterscotch: that was the colour they came out of the factory, all you need to do is is smoke a lot in dodgy bars, throw in a bit of sunshine and it too may yellow (to butterscotch) in years to come. 

Why am I selling: I have two other Dale teles (one rosewood, one thinline) that have slightly thinner necks that suit me better, plus a John Cruz Blackguard that I'm keeping instead (after a year of deliberating which to keep).

Price: £8950 in person, from my home in Wiltshire, bank transfer on collection

No trades, unless you have a Dale Wilson rosewood strat!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• scoobysnackscoobysnack Frets: 54
    Sold ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1424
    Sold ?
    This was for sale at ATB so I think it must be sold now.
  • dpc1975dpc1975 Frets: 3
    It’s currently for sale at World Guitars, up at £8,495. I have played it - very light, great neck and sounds fantastic. Very good tele indeed.
  • TubeGuyTubeGuy Frets: 92
    Thanks dpc

Yes, it's for sale at World Guitars, along with my Dale Wilson '56 strat, which was my #1 until I picked up a vintage strat last year.
    dpc1975 said:
    It’s currently for sale at World Guitars, up at £8,495. I have played it - very light, great neck and sounds fantastic. Very good tele indeed.
    Prices are completly crazy …

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    dpc1975 said:

Yeah, I'm confused as to why anyone would buy it here when you can get it 455 quid cheaper from a store.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1424
    dpc1975 said:

This is just the new norm.
    And if you still was in Europe …
  • NCoNCo Frets: 163
    JezWynd said:
    dpc1975 said:

Yeah, I'm confused as to why anyone would buy it here when you can get it 455 quid cheaper from a store.
    Plus free shipping.