SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: PRS USA Custom 22 10-top hardtail and Siggi Braun modern tele

What's Hot
MikaMika Frets: 26
edited February 17 in Guitars £
To follow the "one in, at least one out" rule, I'm selling some of my guitars. Located in Coventry.

1) Paul Reed Smith USA Custom 22 with a gorgeous 10-top flamed maple top

The guitar is in a very good condition for its age of over 20 years, with buckle rashes, blemishes, and other signs of wear. Frets are in very good shape and the guitar is fully functional. The guitar has a wide/fat neck and PRS Dragon II pickups.

The guitar comes in its stock condition, with its original hard case and the hang tags. Happy to provide more pictures on request.

£1750

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/3HbJYpO

2) Siggi Braun Guitars Custom Modern T-Style guitar

Modern interpretation of a T-style guitar by German luthier Siggi Braun, from his earlier days when they were still labeled "Siggi Guitars", custom-made in Germany in the early 90s. Sounds and feels like a Telecaster but looks more modern and is made with the best of materials.

The core features:
- Siggi Braun "Crow"-shape one-piece alder body
- One-piece quartersawn maple neck with CNS-bolt-on neck joint
- U-shaped "baseball bat" neck with 9.5" fretboard radius
- 25.5" scale length
- Neck depth is approximately 20.5mm at the first fret and about 23mm at the twelfth fret
- 42mm nut width
- Plum wood fretboard with mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- 22 medium frets (99%)
- Harry Häusel handwound single-coil pickups (bridge pickup replaced with Kent Armstrong Classic Blades, but stock Häussel pickup included)
- Schaller M6 135 Mini Locking tuners with perloid buttons
- Weight ca. 3.56 kg

I bought the guitar some years ago and it's in a very good condition, excellent for its age. Comes with a Mono M80 gig bag (not pictured)

£750

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/fELsNBu

SOLD:

Jaden Rose Original Series Hardtail (sold)

British handcrafted guitar by Jaden Rose. Pictures don't do the flame maple top of this guitar justice.

The core features:
- Ibanez RG-style mahogany body with a thick flamed-maple top
- Maple/purple heart/maple 3-piece neck
- Flat D neck profile (similar to Ibanez Wizard but slightly beefier)
- Ebony fretboard with mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- 24 medium-jumbo frets (99%)
- DiMarzio DP240 + DP241 humbuckers
- Cosmo-black hardware
- Weight ca. 3.65 kg

I bought this one from a shop new about 6 years ago and it was only used at home. Excellent condition, only light marks on the stock Hiscox case (included, of course).

£800

Parker Fly Deluxe, pre-refined from 1999 in Emerald Green

I decided to sell my pre-refined Parker Fly Deluxe in Emerald Green from 1999. However, there's a catch: I will not sell this guitar unless the buyer has thoroughly inspected it and knows what he's buying.

I bought the guitar some years ago from a supposedly reputable guitar shop and paid the normal going rate for a pre-refined American Fly Deluxe. The condition was supposed to be "excellent". Unfortunately, the guitar arrived in a pretty bad shape and the seller completely ghosted me and didn't react to any of my messages or calls. With the help of a professional luthier specialized in Parkers, I was able to restore the guitar. The luthier repaired the electronics and frets, replaced the missing tremolo spring with a wooden block, and verified that the guitar is all good.

From a meter away, you wouldn't see much of any of it and it feels and plays like a normal Fly should (except for the lack of tremolo function).

The reason for the sale: Every time I pick it up, I get reminded of all the hassle I had to go through with it, which is why I don't feel a lot of joy playing it. Otherwise I would keep it. It's a fantastic guitar.

Apart from the regular wear and tear you'd expect from a 25-year old guitar, there are two things worth mentioning:

1) There's a superficial crack between the tremolo wheel and the bridge. The luthier verified that it is only the finish and does not go into the wood.
2) One of the frets fell off (typical Parker Fly problem) before I got the guitar, and somebody replaced it with a normal fret (not a glue-on fret). My luthier leveled this fret so it perfectly blends in with all the other frets, but it's not the stock Parker fret. 

With all that in mind, I'm willing to let it go for a hefty discount compared to what other pre-refined guitars (in supposedly good condition) go for these days. I was thinking of £1100, less than half than what the cheapest Fly that is listed on Reverb.

Comes with the parker gig bag (decent condition), some of the stock tools, and the tremolo bar (though without springs).

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikaMika Frets: 26
    Midweek bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    (Early) weekend bump.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 790
    Nice selection of guitars but that Jaden Rose! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Agree with NeilyBob, all great but that Jaden Rose looks like it would play itself. Lovely bit!

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26626
    bobacco said:
    Agree with NeilyBob, all great but that Jaden Rose looks like it would play itself. Lovely bit!
    Not in a position to buy, but...just for the record, I'm 99% sure I played that Jaden Rose back when it was still in his workshop, and it's a properly special guitar. Whoever ends up with it will definitely not be disappointed - well worth the money.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    bobacco said:
    Not in a position to buy, but...just for the record, I'm 99% sure I played that Jaden Rose back when it was still in his workshop, and it's a properly special guitar. Whoever ends up with it will definitely not be disappointed - well worth the money.
    Plus, with those cool mini humbuckers remind me of the cool RG Paul Gilbert used on the Intense Rock video. It’s like PRS has reimagined it!

• I want that Jaden Rose so much. GLWTS
    bobacco said:
    Thanks for that bit of trivia! I was trying to trace back its history some time ago, all I found was this Facebook post https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=846847735366471 in which Jaden mentioned the existence of two guitar of this type, though I'm fairly confident that the pictured one is main (the grain of the maple top matches exactly).
    Bank holiday bump.
    Sunday bump.
    Weekend bump. I'll consider reasonable offers.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Updated post.
  • Jabba74Jabba74 Frets: 50
    Some very cool guitars. GLWTS!
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Little bump.
    In case it was not clear: I have good guitar boxes and lots of packaging material, so happy to post. Prices are negotiable to a reasonable extent.
    Since I was asked a few times, I added the specs of the guitars to the post.
    edited November 2023
    Flaxwood Rautia withdrawn (decided to keep it)
    Jaden sold.