SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Hamer Eclipse

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3374
edited April 2023 in Guitars £

Putting this back up as try as I might, the neck on this is a little too small for my incessant hand problems. It’s a wonderful guitar that sounds utterly superb, is incredibly well made and feels a cut above guitars twice its price. I am gutted that I can’t make this work for me to be honest as I’ve wanted one since I was a kid. 

The bits you want to know: 

-One piece mahogany body

-3.5/5 condition odd small ding but nothing significant and look far worse in the photo than in the flesh.

- Seymour Duncan pickups

-original case. 

- Neck is in Gibson-ish territory, bigger than a 60s slim taper and moving towards the 59, without being quite as rounded and deep. 22.2mm at the 1st fret, 23.6mm at the 12th, 42.5mm width at the nut. 

-3.29 kg

Sold: £800 to keep it on the fretboard. No offers on this price, I challenge you to find a better USA made guitar for the money.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/oiob9c6f7U

I’m based near Kettering, Northamptonshire (just off the a14), but am more than happy to travel to meet. I also have several boxes and plenty of packing materials so happy to ship at buyers cost and risk. This place is built on trust, so if you’ve any questions just ask, communication is king in my books.

In terms of trades, what have you got? I’m fairly traditional in my guitar tastes but have perpetual gas, for guitars, amps, basses, acoustics, fx. There is no end to it. Trade value is around £900 and the wife will chop something off if I decide to swap instead of sell it, so it best be worth my while.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Insane value 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3374
    roberty said:
    Insane value 
    It is that, considering how good these are it’s a nuts price. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 781
    Good lord!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Moloch said:
    Good lord!
    I hope that’s a good thing? :grimace: 
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 781
    Moloch said:
    Good lord!
    Hell yeah it is. As the owner of a 1986 Hamer Chaparral Custom, I thoroughly approve of your guitar. 
    Moloch said:
    Moloch said:
    Good lord!
    Hell yeah it is. As the owner of a 1986 Hamer Chaparral Custom, I thoroughly approve of your guitar. 
    They are a fantastic brand, incredibly underrated. It was no word of a lie when I said I’m gutted I cannot make this work for me. Sounds so good and oozes class. 
  • Frankie Relic? 
    Frankie Relic? 
    Not for me but thanks for the offer. :+1: 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13323
    Ye gods, that's a fantastic guitar for the price.  Looks fabulous too.  I doubt that will hang around for long.  Always loved these but right now I just can't :-(

GLWTS.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24662
    I will also wish you good luck with the sale.  I've owned two of these, great guitars and I love the body shape, but like you I could never quite get on with the neck (which was always my problem with Hamers!).
    Thanks @offset and @Philly_Q. I have probably  under priced it, although it didn’t go for the £875 which I’d returned it to the forum for when it was up a little while back (and thought it was a killer price at that), so would rather take a small hit and someone here gets the benefit of it. It sounds bloody lovely and needs some live use! A very cool guitar. 
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    PM sent
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2485
    FWIW this should’ve been snapped up a long time ago. GLWTS  :)
    beed84 said:
    FWIW this should’ve been snapped up a long time ago. GLWTS  :)
    Cheers, I’m amazed and slightly shocked that it hasn’t been to be honest. Clearly a reflection of the current market. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13323