Do you still regularly listen to 70s music?

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Reverend said:
    Loads

.... Grand Funk ....
    Doh! I should have remembered Grand Funk Railroad, I've just been through their whole catalogue twice on my commutes of the past 2 weeks. I really got into the band early 80s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4627
    Aerosmith , Van Halen  zep 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    Despite being too young to have been there to appreciate it first time around (born in 72) I've long loved Led Zep, Lizzy, Deep Purple, Sabbath etc. And I've listened to them a lot for much of my life.

However now in my grey years I find myself listening to much more brand new metal than anything else, and while I still will often listen to Black Sabbath, the others aren't my first choice anymore. 

• rlwrlw Frets: 4898
    Yes.  Too much to list.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3826
    Late 60s early 70s was good for rock/guitar music. It makes sense. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3265
    Probably don't listen to anything that is not 70's to be honest.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • BtrcuBtrcu Frets: 99
    edited April 2023
    My top 20 from LastFM, fair few 70s bands in there:

Iron Maiden, Frank Zappa, Slipknot, Metallica, Buckethead, Slayer, Half Man Half Biscuit, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Anthrax, Manowar, Motörhead, Kiss, Nekrogoblikon, Scorpions, Misfits, Bad Religion, NOFX, Judas Priest.
  • PjonPjon Frets: 332
    Sporky said:
    They had music back then? 
    Only in black and white.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Despite being too young to have been there to appreciate it first time around (born in 72) I've long loved Led Zep, Lizzy, Deep Purple, Sabbath etc. And I've listened to them a lot for much of my life.

However now in my grey years I find myself listening to much more brand new metal than anything else, and while I still will often listen to Black Sabbath, the others aren't my first choice anymore. 
    You have basically described what I was trying to say with the original post! 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2817
    No. I've never been good at or that interested in listening to older music.
    It's weird. It's only in the last decade I've changed like this. I think partly it's because I've found more music that fits what I was listening to that old stuff for. Led Zep were my favourite band from around 16-40, followed closely by Iron Maiden. 

For example I used to love All About Eve (okay 80s/90s), but what I was really grasping for is something heavier but with similar female vocals. And now those kind of bands exist, there's loads of female vocalists in metal now. 

That said there are favourites of my youth - contemporaries rather than vintage - that I still love, because I love their new material. Paradise Lost for example is for me a band making as good music as they ever have. 

• chromatunachromatuna Frets: 375
    edited April 2023
    Yes indeed, it’s my decade for music, all the classic rock and prog stuff, Fairports, Thompson, Martyn, Drake, west coast kind of things, singer songwriter, fusion, Gong, Hawkwind, my favourite Dead decade, Bolan, Bowie. Although my interest actually starts mid 60s, Beatles, Stones, Who, Traffic etc. Outside of that I explore classical, folk and jazz but for ‘rock’ almost all mid 60s to mid 70s. All went a bit weird in the 80s if you ask me :-) and punk, new wave etc just passed me by (I’m 62)
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • I only listen to music from 1870-1921. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74397
    Yes, loads. Far too many artists to mention, so I'll pick just one who I've been listening to since 1975 and still do...

ABBA

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• distresseddistressed Frets: 596
    When I look back, I still listen to all the music I've ever used to listen to, except some stupid macho NYHC/metal stuff that I've listened to briefly at 18-19 yrs.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2501
    Even my kids in their 20s love some 70s stuff 
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 780
    Of course ! 70s was the sweet spot for me, from a music perspective, and there's so much music from that era I haven't discovered yet. 

I love listening to old favourites like Zeppelin, AC/DC, Sabbath, Zappa, and also finding new things through curated playlists, 6 music, etc.

This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    rze99 said:
    Even my kids in their 20s love some 70s stuff 
    My 16 and 13 year old sons love plenty of classic rock. Thanks to streaming they are decade agnostic. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15225
    Yes, I listen to recorded music from The Seventies … and pretty much every other decade. 

Unable to single out just one artiste, I nominate the output of a label, ECM.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I mostly listen to 60s and 70s bands. 
    Small Faces, Humble Pie, Yardbirds/ Led Zep, Hendrix, Free, Sabbath, Bon Scott AC/DC, etc 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey