AIsis

What's Hot
KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20535
Someone has only gone & AI'd 'Oasis' :D
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/apr/18/oasis-aisis-band-fronted-by-an-ai-liam-gallagher
Wonder if there's an AI punchup too?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1927
    Listening to it now.

It's bonkers. Really does sound like early Oasis and goes to show how important Liam's voice is/was to Oasis' sound.

I rather like it and it is more interesting than almost all of the stuff that came out after Morning Glory
  • the_jaffa said:

I rather like it and it is more interesting than almost all of the stuff that came out after Morning Glory
    You really should revisit. Be here now and Dont believe the truth are probably my favourite Oasis records, and that includes the first 2, but that could be down to being in Oasis tributes for years, so loving playing those later songs that are so much more interesting. 

This isnt really an AI oasis though. Its a terrible indie landfill band, with AI Liam.   

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3454
    Yeah, but an AI Liam is bloody impressive.

Next, Elvis makes a comeback?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5734
    AI Liam is worryingly good 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10930
    I thought it was pretty good tbh, better than it needs to be, which is probably why it's getting so much attention

I find it funny that technology opens up so many new possibilities but it is often used to replicate as closely as possible things that already exist, such as Liam Gallagher
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1927
    the_jaffa said:

You really should revisit. Be here now and Dont believe the truth are probably my favourite Oasis records, and that includes the first 2, but that could be down to being in Oasis tributes for years, so loving playing those later songs that are so much more interesting. 

This isnt really an AI oasis though. It’s  a terrible indie landfill band, with AI Liam.   

I do try and revisit BHN reasonably regularly but other than Do You know What I Mean I just don’t really like it. 

I’ve got SOTSOG but I can’t even remember the last time I played it. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    This first track is the best Oasis song I've ever heard tbf. Much more interesting than most of the stuff they put out. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    The role of AI is getting a little overhyped in this.

The album is done by a band, the only role of AI is to make the singer sound like Liam. (That is still impressive though) 

Some articles seem to be implying that AI might have written and performed the music.
  • JeffreyRodriguezJeffreyRodriguez Frets: 0
    edited June 2023
    That sounds intriguing Someone has used AI to recreate or generate content in the style of the band Oasis. AI technologies have been increasingly employed in various creative fields, including music, art, and literature, to generate new content or imitate existing styles. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3130
    The first two or three tracks made me go all wistful for the 90s. Very strange feeling - they do sound like lost songs apart from not having many Em7s or Cadd9s.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"