Does anyone else get project overload?

As usual, I've had all autumn and winter off of any guitar makery stuff. Wet leaky cold uninviting overcrowded garage/workspace being the cause.

I've got two longish term guitar builds on the go, a 7 string and a Barncaster Tele.

I've also got two other big projects to sort: I made a 5 string bass a couple of years ago, but it's too heavy so I plan to chamber it and put a cap on. Also, my headless guitar build is currently in pieces as I am in the process of refinishing the body.

Despite all that, my head was turned a while ago by a strat with two p90s. Next thing I know I am full on designing one in photoshop/illustrator, digging out parts etc.

I should really get on with the 4 guitars that are underway, but ..... I just have such a buzz about the new idea, I just can't resist pushing on .....

Anyone else get the same problem?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3222
    Yes

I can often get part way through a build and see something that inspires me and off I go on a tangent, then finish the original one later…or not
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Yes. I have several projects that are one or two components short of completion. Still, nowhere near as many as HarrySeven.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 710
    My wife,  and her patchwork and quilting projects. We have a house full of half finished jobs, described as PIMs (projects in motion) or UFOs (unfinished objects)