Trigger Hippy - debut released... at last :o)

equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6245
edited October 2014 in Music

http://www.popmatters.com/post/185874-trigger-hippy-trigger-hippy-album-stream-premiere/

Steve Gorman (Black Crowes), Jackie Green and Joan Osbourne on vocals make for a great combination.

I've been looking forward to hearing an album from them after seeing them on YT at the Wannee festival a couple of years ago:

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3110
    edited October 2014
    I know you've mentioned them to me before but I only checked them out on YT last night :-S . Jackie has a surprisingly good voice - and with Joan Osbourne they do offer something nice and different. Nice stuff indeed matey.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6245
    I thought you might like them @mudslide73. I saw the Wannee footage before we went and saw the Black Crowes in Brum, so it was a nice surprise to find out that Jackie Green was playing for them.
    Of course he was out of his depth that night replacing Luther as the lead guitarist as he really is more of a singer-songwriter (and a good one at that).

I know that Audley Freed  was a founding member of Hippy Trigger, so it's a band emerging from a great musical community.... which I wish I was part of  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    edited October 2014
    There's some great footage of Jackie in the Crowes later where he's owning it - also some of the newer TH stuff has him wailing for his life.

You'll have to start your own band matey ;)

edited October 2014
    I've been watching some of Jackie's solo stuff and this Trigger Hippy show. Some lovely harmony guitar work imo. He likes a hat does Jackie.

Edit: The album is available on Spotify.