SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Atkin The Sixty-Eight (t-style)

What's Hot
Hi there, long shot since I never have seen one for sell... but if you have one and think of letting it go, please contact me ;)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2110
    edited April 2023
    You're in luck! I've got a Mike Smith UK-made Fret King with custom wound alnico Vs.

£825 - So <25% of an Atkin '68, mint condition, professionally setup and comes with a branded Hiscox hardshell.

https://i.imgur.com/NcoqfxL.jpg
    Can also include a book about the Atkin's diet and a mint green Fender pickguard.

Until your next WTB thread... *tips hat*
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • micamusedmicamused Frets: 19
    Very nice one at coda, but i need a used one because i want to get some discount if possible ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bump
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Man, i just saw your message, next time please send my a pm because maybe someone here snagged it before i could even see it...

It was a really cool one, ... thanks anyway !!!
    any?
    anyone selling an Atkin electric, t-style, s-style?
    atkin anyone?
    CFH said:
    Thanks, I already saw this one which came back from the client who bought it a couple of weeks ago, so it is never a very good sign, and since I can't go try it out... I prefer to wait.

If someone is close enough to the shop, i would love to get a feedback ;)
    jump :)
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    micamused said:
    CFH said:
    Thanks, I already saw this one which came back from the client who bought it a couple of weeks ago, so it is never a very good sign, and since I can't go try it out... I prefer to wait.

If someone is close enough to the shop, i would love to get a feedback ;)
    People return guitars for all sorts of reasons. Doesn't mean there is any issue with that one.

My only issue with it is that they have since put the price up by £100! Great guys at Richtone though - I'm sure they'd sort you a deal on it.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • richierichie Frets: 90
    They have a 14 day returns policy too, I bought a secondhand CS strat last year and it wasn’t for me and there were no issues with the refund
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 355
    @micamused , is it Atkin specifically you are after as I’d be tempted by either of the T type guitars @Castro listed recently
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks guys, I would definitely try to get that one if I were in the UK, because returning would not be an assle, but I am elsewhere and so I don't want to take that chance.

@monkey42 it's all good if you want to take this one.
  • Anybody here has one and can comment on the quality maybe?? they are such rare birds :P
  • SammySammy Frets: 130
    micamused said:
    Anybody here has one and can comment on the quality maybe?? they are such rare birds :P

Well I tried an Atkin 52T out at last week at a music retailer and quite frankly wasn't impressed at all. Whilst it was lightweight, it wasn't in the same league as the Fret King StvidoTelecaster hand built model, I was looking to P/Ex against it. The neck was really thin and didn't play well, and the sound had no depth to it all, it was very weak sounding. I only played it for about 5-10mins that was enough and gave it back to the sales person. Anyway I am only giving my own opinion and it wasn't worth anywhere near the £3,000 plus they want new, there are other new Telecasters, Fender and other mfts streets ahead of this for the price and can't believe the 68 will be that much better!
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3482
    I’ve tried one as well and didn’t think it was particularly great. The Seth Bacchus hanging on the wall next to it was a much better guitar IMO. 

However I may just be predisposed to not liking the Atkin vibe because I’ve not liked any of their acoustics either, but lots of people do.