SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1964 Gibson ES-175

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
1964 Gibson ES-175 in extremely good condition for its age. All original nickel parts and finish, abr-1 is chrome so could be a replacement or it could have come with the guitar if it’s a very late 64 assembled in 65 I suppose! There is a repair to the lower side which has been done so well it’s virtually invisible! Please see the internal and external pictures.

This guitar sounds beautiful, all the jazzy thump you could wish for and if you are more of a rock player it breaks up perfectly through a valve amp. These nickel PAT number pickups are essentially PAFs with different stickers and this pair have everything sonically that PAFs are prized for. 

£6000
Later 60’s case. Pics on the way!

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
    edited May 2023
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2073
    How about £1000 off? Now £5k
    Wow I have seen those pups alone go for £2500 that’s a great price. GLWTS think it will be snapped up soon
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    This is almost identical to my old '64 175, in fact I thought it was until I saw that it had a repair.  Also, mine had an old 50s Lifton case.

The pickups in my '64 were the best I have ever used, including serval original PAFs.  Just astounding sound.  These old 175s are just a joy to play.  GLWTS.....someone is going to have a truly amazing guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Sheesh
    edited May 2023
    Bump!
  • CalaValap1CalaValap1 Frets: 4
    If I didn't already have a Herb Ellis ES165 I'd take this in a heartbeat. GLWTS
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Beautiful guitar, I am very tempted, but can't quite justify it right now sadly
  • djldjl Frets: 17
    That is awesome- looks fantastic. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    It's beautiful. Wish I could go for that at the moment.
    Call me Dave.
    Bump