artisan 15...how loud are they?

siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
Only ever heard demo's on youtube and always been left wanting one as the zound awesome...are they dead loud orbreak up nicely at reasonable band volumes? Talk to ne....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1747
    siraxeman said:
    Only ever heard demo's on youtube and always been left wanting one as the zound awesome...are they dead loud orbreak up nicely at reasonable band volumes? Talk to ne....

Realistically I would say they are loud enough for "rock" stuff in a pub, even quite a big pub even against a heavy drummer but you would struggle to get loud cleans.

Remember, they are loaded as stock with  a Greenback, a couple of dBs less sensitive than a V30 and not as "shouty".  (but if swapping the speaker DO retain the original cable to preserve resale value) .

They are a lovely amp (even if "I" say so!) beautifully made and super reliable (the very, very early ones need a couple of mods but there can surely be few left now) . It was all I could do to prise a loan one from Son's grasp but I could not afford it even with staff dissy!

The A30 is a decibabble beast, pretty much cover anywhere but a stadium but a lot more money of course and a pig to tote.

Dave.

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited October 2014

ths is my fave demo the rock tones are phenomenal here guessing he's gonna be really loud there....
  • Yep, they're loud as anything, they can keep up with a drummer no problem, but as Dave said its not a clean tone at that volume. Of course if you're looking for just a classic overdriven tone it's perfect.

I also believe there was actually some stock versions that had a Vintage 30 instead of the Greenback if I remember correctly.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    The 30 comes with V30s
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1456
    edited October 2014
    The speaker for the Artisan 15 is normally a Greenback but there's definitely some out there that have a Vintage 30 stock, for example here...

I'm not sure how many there are in the UK though but they are out there.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited October 2014
    I owned and gigged one for a while and it easily kept up with a very loud drummer.

You will not get pristine clean at full on rock gig volumes though. The tones it does are very very good though, jumpering it sounded ace at a decent volume.

The ability to halve the power output is great for getting it into the lovely sounding break up zone at smaller venues.
  • Every time I watch the demo of this, I lose my shit and feel like I need to sell everything and buy one. Such a great tone.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014

It is a really good basic rock tone but to me it just sounds like a Marshall, and you could get that tone with an old Marshall. But I suppose an old Marshall would be more money that that anyway
    www.2020studios.co.uk