Jerry Springer RIP

What's Hot
bertiebertie Frets: 13569
quite liked him TBH
just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Always seemed like a nice guy and his programmes, from what I watched anyway, didn’t seem to take themselves too seriously. 
    RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7242
    I never knew much about him other than as a normal talk show host and then hosting what I suppose was a pioneering and controversial kind of show guaranteed to end up with bouncers on the stage separating angry people.  I had no idea he had been involved in politics to that extent prior to his TV career.  An interesting life.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    RIP Jerry

"short illness" that's code for late diagnosis cancer isn't it ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22866
    At one point I used to record his show every day (on VHS of course) and watch it after work...

Quite sad to hear this, I always liked him personally, even as the show became more and more trashy and his "serious" closing words at the end of each show became ever more irrelevant.  And he was always well aware how ridiculous it all was.

RIP
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Seemed like a decent, self-aware guy. If for nothing else, spawning ‘Jerry Springer: The Musical’ deserves plaudits. 

RIP. 

• guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1020
    Another one gone, RIP Jerry
    “Ken sent me.”
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    He was a lot of fun .....he took the show and the people in a very tongue in cheek way knowing it was parody and comedy unlike that horrible bullying little weed who did an English version and hid behind bouncers after calling his victims scum until one of them committed suicide........then he disappeared .
      Jerry was the Blueprint for all those shows....Montel,Dr Phil, etc etc ........he spawned a genre
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    barukh dayan haemes. May his memory be for blessings.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11298
    When he was on  Who Do You Think You Are it was one of the most moving things I've ever seen.

He went bavk to where his family used to live in Europe (I can't remember where just now) and went to where they were transported to their deaths. You heard him crying off-camera.

At the end he did a piece to camera about the importance of family and as he finished they said they had one more person for him to meet who turned out to be a cousin from Israel he never knew about who told him that he had family out there. I'm welling up just typing this.