Line 6 POD XT or X3

What's Hot
gazzpunkgazzpunk Frets: 0
edited October 2014 in FX

I'm looking to take the plunge with a Line 6 product and like the look & sound (what I've heard via youtube etc) of the XT / X3...any good/bad things to be aware of and what generally is the best value for the dosh?

I gather the X3 is more of an all bells & whistles upgrade of the XT and presuambly justifies its greater price, or does it?

Would appreciate guidance on this before the trigger is pulled as they say!

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    I've had both  ( a long a time ago) .   The main difference is the ability to run two amp models at once in the x3 along with extra ins and outs.

The x3 supposedly sounds better but if it's for gigging I'm not sure you'd notice a massive difference in a mix. 

Xt is quicker to program as you only have one amp to think about but you can run the x3 patches as single amps.

I'd look out for one that has been expanded with the extra model packs - it probably makes very little difference to the used price but will give more options.

IF you want to know anything specific just shout.
  • thanks for the reply JP, does the X3 have the extra model packs within?  I have a Digitech RP500 already but want something quick and more compact and haven't read a bad thing about them, yet! 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    I think it does but I'd double check - it's quite a few years since I had one.   I think they sound fine and are simple to use.  
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12459
    You can pick up an Xt live now for around £100 usually, thats got to be worth it.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 607
    edited October 2014
    I still use my xt to record now and again . Easy to take out to sessions, not that going out of the house for sessions is likely in the days of the internet, but still sounds good. 

If you're into djent? Misha Mansoor used the pod xt to record the first periphery and lots of other records using the 'big bottom' amp. 

If buying secondhand, make sure that the owner has paid extra /upgraded for all the models/packs.

Also, the vox ac30 model sounds really good as well, especially using lots of compression. 

Pod x3 I think is the same as xt, but you can have two amps at once.
  • thanks for the comments, will bear in mind. The X3 Live is similar in size to the Digitech RP I have and wanted a smaller version...will probably plump for the X3 as I understand the models/pack are with that anyhow?, I may be wrong.
  • ....Or, should I flog the Digitech RP500 and just be done with an X3 Live? - its purely for home.