SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - 1966 ES335. ## SOLD ##

What's Hot
CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4311
edited June 2023 in Guitars £
1966 Gibson ES335 
Stunning 1966 es335. Exceptional condition, very vibrant sunburst , barely faded at all. Plays like a dream and the original 
PAT No. humbuckers sound insanely good, some of my favourite pickups ever. 

No breaks or issues of any kind, just very light wear and the nice checking you expect to see on an old Gibson. Has the wide/low frets of the era, which are in extremely good shape. A very well sorted guitar. 

All the correct features and all original to ‘66. Wide bevel guard, ABR-1 bridge with nylon saddles, Kluson Deluxe tuners, reflector knobs etc. Comes with original case.

I love this era of 335, and just bought another in Cherry. They both sound equally amazing, but I just wanted a red 335.  The narrower neck of this era just feels like a Fender neck to me, this one gets really chunky as it goes up and one of the best profiles I have ever felt. And as for the trapeze on this era of guitars, I honestly prefer it. They sound better unplugged (this one is very very loud and resonant), and have a slight full hollow type tone and it just seems to make sense from a physics point of view with the pressure straight down on the bridge and the tension running to both ends of the guitar. 

A great guitar, was tempted to keep alongside my other ‘66, but that’s even madder than buying the red one in the first place…

£6,895   £6,750  £6,600 £6,495.  # SOLD #

# Would prefer local collection or meet up for these guitars if possible, but please PM to discuss options. If buyer would like to arrange courier collection, would certainly consider that. I have extensive experience packaging high value guitars for transit. Please check my feedback for confirmation on that. Happy to chat on the phone if any other questions about these guitars #

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited April 2023
    Absolutely fap-tastic, the pair of them.  3

Sadly not in the market for the near future, but the ES-175 would be in danger of making it's way to me.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4311
    Thanks Dave! My YouTube feed keeps telling me that ‘no-fap’ is the way forward. I have no idea why the algorithm is pushing that content to me, as I mostly watch guitar demos. Maybe they just think all guitarists are wankers?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Surely that's drummers?  =)

You're not doing 'the movement' much good by posting pics of those beauties though.
    Call me Dave.
  • SonnyJimSonnyJim Frets: 10
    Hi Cloudnine, beautiful guitars and a great ad. Are you considering trades/PX/cash type deals? 
    Ben
    @SonnyJim ;, Hi Ben, was primarily on a mission to pull in a bit of cash as may have an opportunity coming up soon, but never say never I guess. PM with what you had in mind.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    That 175 is beautiful, and a birth year guitar for me. So so tempting.
    edited May 2023
    @prudd   Don’t make yourself suffer, extremely bad for your health to deny yourself these pleasures in life. 

Bump for a couple of vintage beauties. Getting hard to find guitars like this that have not been messed with.
    Stop bumping this ad. I'm pleading with you here.  <3
    Call me Dave.

ES335 still here folks and price drop. Don’t miss out in this amazing guitar, before it likely goes on consignment to a vintage dealer, with a less palatable price tag.
    edited May 2023
    Lots of trade offers, but ideally looking for a sale. (Might take something readily saleable though in part ex, drop me a PM)

Bargain price for a ‘66 335 in this condition. Lots of later 60’s and even early 70’s ones out there for way more £.
    ES335 still here folks. Don’t miss it. Amazing guitar, really as good as you will find for tone and playability. The neck profile is awesome, if you have tried some Gibsons from this era, you will know that lovely round & chunky profile that fits perfectly in your palm. And the pickups, nothing made in recent times comes close in my opinion and I have tried a boat load over the years. 
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    very tempting 
    Bump with another price drop.