SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: (Gibson sold), Kawai WOW!!!

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 28244
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
My problem is that I have too many perfectly good guitars.

I know, I know, what a problem to have.  But it is a problem, because every time I make or buy a new one, I'm supposed to let an old one go to make some space.  And picking which one is not easy.

2 here to go.

1.  Les Paul Tribute from 2017 in Faded Honey Burst.

Link here to the full specs on Gibson website.  This one weighs in at 9lbs, spot on.

Couple of changes for the better - the original pots circuit board has been swapped out for individual pots (original in the case) and the original gigbag is swapped out for the Gator hardcase you see in the pics.

This one comes with a pre-broken headstock (saving you the trouble), which has been repaired perfectly.  Rock solid, can't feel it, look closely and you'll see the join.

There's a small, small ding in the top, between the neck pickup and the selector switch.  Apart from that (and the headstock), it looks pretty much perfect to me.

The headstock break;

As the headstock is now - as we all know - stronger than it was originally, the neck/body join is now the weakest link.  So, strongly prefer collection / meet-up rather than couriering.

IP22.

£600, but forum-mates-rates available.  It came to me at a bargaintastic price, full price will hopefully the full price will deter flippers, but forum-mates-rates available to keep it in the community.

Why am I selling it?  Just because I've a couple of self-builds that do the LP-thing just as well (or well enough for me), and this is going to be easier to sell than either of those!
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28244
    edited May 2023
    2.  Kawai Aquarius

MIJ, 80's, super-rare, collectible, lawsuit.
    (I believe those are the obligatory terms that have to be used when selling something like this?)

To be fair, it was MIJ in the 80's, it is super-rare and I collected it.  The lawsuit bit is obviously bollocks though, as it is in most other MIJ ads.

It's not one of the "proper" Kawais that I know and love.  This is a later model, bolt-on maple/rosewood neck, which has had some battering (or natural relicing) over the years.  I believe that this gives it "Mo" or "Jo".  Or possibly both.  It's not massively heavy, nor massively light.  I'd guess at 7lbs and a bit.  I'll weigh it if you really want it weighed.  It's routed for 3HBs rather than a full swimming pool.

I bought it thinking that the pickups might come in handy if any of my "proper" Kawais ever needed a transplant, but they haven't and if they ever did, I'd probably get something else wound instead.

I believe that these indentations in the frets are caused by the guitar being "played".  It plays quite nicely, so I guess that's understandable ...

Pickups look like you know what (or maybe you don't - the classic 70's DiMarzio Super Distortions!).  Kawai used a Mighty Mite branded clone of those in their 70's guitars, but by the 80's had adopted these unbranded looky-likeys.  To my ears, they soundy-likey too.  Controlled by 3 mini-toggles which gives full / off / tapped options - so you can have neck on full, mid off, bridge tapped, or any other combination you like.

I'll ship this if you want - with the neck off - or you're welcome to drop in (IP22 still) if you're passing.

£275 plus any shipping cost.

Why am I selling it?  Because I have no loyalty to the Kawai brand ;)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24659
    I was intrigued to see which Kawai you were selling....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    I was intrigued to see which Kawai you were selling....
    It's the last outlier in my collection really @Philly_Q.

The rest of them are really the ones that I set out to find and buy for my little collection and don't envisage selling those anytime soon.  I picked up a few strays along the collecting-way and the only reason this one lasted as long as it did is that I had it set up with a set of Oil City Stone Tones and used it occasionally for a break from my normal HB/P90s.  But I'll build something around those pickups (which are great!), so, back to orig config, this one finds it way to the Classifieds.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5887
    "My problem is that I have too many perfectly good guitars."

How many is too many? Please say something in the region of 48 so that I don't feel guilty with 8.

:# 
    Only a Fool Would Say That.

How many is too many? Please say something in the region of 48 so that I don't feel guilty with 8.

It's probably in excess of 48 @Bellycaster.

Not H7 levels of in excess, but then there is only one H7.

Does that help?  If you've only got 8, then you clearly need at least one more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5887
    TTony said:

It's probably in excess of 48 @Bellycaster.

Not H7 levels of in excess, but then there is only one H7.

Does that help?  If you've only got 8, then you clearly need at least one more.
    Phew! Yes, I'm cured now, Thanks.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 891
    Even at £600 it’s a good deal I think. 
    If I lived anywhere near you I would definitely have this. Someone is going to get a seriously great bargain. 

The kawai actually looks like a lot of fun as well

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

The LP is sold pending (and I'm happy to say it'll be staying within the forum!).

The Kawai is still available.  Don't forget, MiJ, 80s, rare, collectible, lawsuit, natural relic, bargain, bullshit, etc.
    LP sale now confirmed, and good to meet another tFB member face-to-face earlier today
    :)

Somehow, amazingly, the Kawai is still available.  No trades though - this is only on the block because I do NOT need any more guitars (nor a good number of the ones I've already got!).
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    When you put one of the rock and rolls stars up holla 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2023
    There's an idea @Strangefan ;;

I could run a promotion "buy this guitar, get a place in the queue for the XXXX one" D 

But you've reminded me - I should get those r'n'r stars out for a play sometime.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 913
    That Kawai looks amazing!  GLWTS 

Have you shared your other Kawai somewhere so I can drool some more? 

Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    @Neilybob - a lot of them are on
    Kawaiguitars.com

Though that's not been touched in 10+ yrs.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 913
    TTony said:
    @Neilybob - a lot of them are on
    Kawaiguitars.com

Though that's not been touched in 10+ yrs.
    Yo Nice will take a look. 

You could always throw some info and pictures in the https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/2835/old-japanese-guitars-appreciation-thread/
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2435
    Super fun to play those Kawai, 7.25 radius board on this one?
    someone (not me, skint) should snap that up, great guitar