Gumtree punt? Dead Marshall Super Bass for £50

DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2573
Just popped up in my neighbourhood (Norfolk) within the last hour.  I can't be bothered chasing this one up, but might be of interest to someone here...

YouTube yak-about regarding all things alt/indie/post-punk/noise/etc >>> HERE
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    Someone needs to get that - although if it really was found in a garden shed it is in fact possible that it's barely worth £50. It just depends how much of it is rusted and rotted... at least it doesn't look as bad as that Hiwatt that was found in Ireland, even in one very small photo.

Or it could just need a fuse and work first go! My guess is that it's not as simple as that though, since the seller is well aware they're worth £600+ in working order.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12667
    Definitely worth a look, if it looks burnt to pieces the n leave it but if it looks ok I'd go for it and get it fixed, It could be worth the risk, you'll still get £50 for it as parts anyway.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Just phoned him up - just sold it!

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2774
    I'm not surprised - if I was local I'd have grabbed it.   The casing is worth more than that if it's not rotten and the pics looked ok.
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2573
    I have a couple of amps in need of a bit of work at the moment, a driveway that's about to be dug out and relaid, and a dining room that just ain't gonna paint itself (no matter how hard I wrinkle up my face and wish).  But for all of those things, I would have been on the blower like a shot. 
    YouTube yak-about regarding all things alt/indie/post-punk/noise/etc >>> HERE