SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold pending- Price Drop £999) Guild x160 Rockabilly. - USA Westerly made - Rare Metallic Blue -

What's Hot
AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
edited June 2023 in Guitars £
Selling a guitar I had on my wanted list for years so was quite amazed when a fella local to me had one for sale at the start of the year, It's a real monster Rockabilly machine and a great Gretsch Alternative.

I believe its a 1999/2000 model and they was offered in 3 colours this being the rarest and most sought after of them all. I mean just look at it! How cool do those white De-Armond 2000 Pickups look with the metallic blue. 
This is not to be confused with the more recent Korean made Gretsch x175 in a similar colour and pickup combo this is an American made model.

This is an amazing article I've read a few times on the model and is a must read for anyone interested in the guitar https://www.gad.net/Blog/2019/07/21/2002-guild-x160-rockabilly/

The above article goes into real detail of the spec and a comparison of a Gretsch 6120 Hot Rod. 

My reason for selling is I find the 3 3/4" body depth too chunky for me and I keep reaching for my Tele or Penguin, then I look at the Guild on the stand and repeat.

The Bad / Sad bit - Unfortunately the guitar did pickup some damage in transit recently and has four cracks on the side panels of the body. Please see pics and DM me if you need more info of pictures.
It's also missing the original pickguard but the previous owner had the rather fetching mother of pearl guard for it.

Trade wise I'm always interested in Gretsch's or looking for £1450 which is priced with the damage in mind as these have been going for way over 2.5k when they pop up every now and then in the blue.

I'm based in Stockport/ South Manchester, happy to chat about any questions.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Wow. For some reason I thought it was a Korean built model (not that there's anything worng with them at all). I didn't realise that it was a USA Westerly built model. Great guitars, and that's a stunner, relicing and all!
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    That is such a cool guitar.
    How does the depth compare to a Falcon?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PigknowsPigknows Frets: 41
    Beautiful guitar and colour. 

Hung my nose over it when it was for sale by the previoud seller but it was just a bit too much for me at the time. Same seller had s GSR X500 for sale. 

Real shame about the cracks. GLWTS!
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    Thanks all.
    It's a really killer guitar... I've owned a few Korean made guitars and they are great but this has that little bit extra to it.

The depth is deeper than a Falcon. It's more like a Gibson Archtop than a Gretsch and the neck feels more Gibson than Gretsch to me.

Open to offers on this due it needing some TLC.
    Reducing the price to a very fair £1200.
    No offers on this please.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    This deserves to be seen. A USA built Guild archtop at £1200 is a thing of joy.
    Call me Dave.
    Drop again for £999
    Amazing price for a US made archtop.

The repair to the sides would cost around £150.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    AlexO said:
    Drop again for £999
    Amazing price for a US made archtop.

The repair to the sides would cost around £150.
    That is an absolute steal. Gorgeous guitar.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • parker_knollparker_knoll Frets: 85
    edited June 2023
    what's the nut width on this?
  • greejngreejn Frets: 133
    Hi Alex, is posting an option? Cheers, Jon