Glastonbury 2015

What's Hot
KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
So who got tickets in the 25 minutes that they were on sale...???
We got ours at exactly 9.20am - the SOLD OUT page came up before we had chance to get more for some mates in Thailand.

A lot of very hacked off people around the world right.

The mrs is making a celebratory breakfast then we are off to the pub to get steaming drunk.
(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BBC coverage will do me!

• GassageGassage Frets: 31153
    Gilmour rumoured to be headlining Sat night. Fact.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12519
    Ken Dodd headlining Sunday.
  • Gassage said:

Thea...?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    Ken Dodd headlining Sunday.

..and Monday morning.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    meh... haters gonna hate.
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    edited October 2014
    Gassage said:

Does that mean the rumour is a fact. Or is it infact a fact, in which case it wouldn't be a rumour at all?

Confused..fact!

:-S
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Also, Coldplay and F-Mac are rumoured. In which case I'm there.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6421
    Coldplay unlikely  - they only headlined there a couple of years ago

Got through to typing in my numbers, but then bounced with the Sold Out page :(
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Rumours. I  can't be assed with them. My wife is always banging on about the latest rumour and I just switch off.
    One of my wifes bridesmaids is the Festival Manager for a well known medium size festival and she knew the headliners months before the announcement last year - she told us and she was 100% correct (even with the shocking Kasabian headline) so I'll wait till she gets some info.

The only band not rumoured that I wish were is ELO - after Jeff Lynnes appearance at Hyde Park I was hoping there would be some chatter but it's just the perennial Fleetwood Mac, Prince rumours both of which I'd love but I'm tired of hearing it.

The other rumour that I would love is Diana Ross for the Sunday 'Legends' slot.

I fucking hope the AC/DC rumour doesn't happen *which is probably heresy around FretBoard*.
    As long as there's not shite like Beyonce. I honestly thought that was the most unGlasto thing ever. She was also awful.

Really? I liked it. I mean, I'm no big fan of the music but I thought she did an impressive performance.
    Unfortunately Rihanna is rumoured and I can see that happening FFS.

Another industry rumour is Florence & The Machine cus they have new album coming. Nobody believed the Kasabian  rumour last year but the the new album had already been recorded and unfortunately it seems that Glastonbury is pandering to record companies more these days. "ooh we have a new album out next year and we will be massive again so book us now even though people aren't interested in us at the moment" 
  • Im sorry, Id rather spend that kind of money on a week in the sun for the wife and I. 

But you enjoy it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6421
    lustycourtier;370209" said:
    Im sorry, Id rather spend that kind of money on a week in the sun for the wife and I. 

But you enjoy it.
    And THAT is precisely what we are going to do as we didn't get tickets

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • BBC coverage will do me also. Stood in a meadow in a queue of 90,000 for the toilet is not my idea of fun.

Besides, it normally coincides with my summer holiday so having the TV highlights is part of the holiday thing for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Im sorry, Id rather spend that kind of money on a week in the sun for the wife and I. 

But you enjoy it. 
    We'll do both...  Egypt in January and then in Amsterdam in March and Spain in May.
    No kids - plenty of holidays 

:D
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Really? I liked it. I mean, I'm no big fan of the music but I thought she did an impressive performance.
    Unfortunately Rihanna is rumoured and I can see that happening FFS.

Another industry rumour is Florence & The Machine cus they have new album coming. Nobody believed the Kasabian  rumour last year but the the new album had already been recorded and unfortunately it seems that Glastonbury is pandering to record companies more these days. "ooh we have a new album out next year and we will be massive again so book us now even though people aren't interested in us at the moment" 
    I agree about Beyonce's set. Hardly my thing, and I know these things are subjective, but I'd struggle to find any criteria by which most people would agree she was"awful".
    Rihanna, on the other hand, IS demonstrably rubbish live, regardless of how highly regarded Nuno is in this parish

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1810
    Also hard to find myself backing Beyonce but it was a really good professional show and she is a good headliner lots of sing along and feel good factor. Plus here voice is pretty good. 

Certainly not epic fail and the audience loved her.

Not sure Gilmour can be arsed these days.

i read how on an Island was put together in SOS a few years ago, Andy FWL working his way through endless DAT tapes shoved in Gilmours kitchen draw, these were Gilmour going straight to a DAT machine in his kitchen noodling. AFW then spent a very long time putting them into some sort of order by Key so they could be stuck together to make verses and choruses and potential songs. I am sure there was more to it than that but in reality Gilmour seemed very uninterested.

I love to hear Gilmour play but he seems to have zero work ethic these days perhaps he feels he has said all he has to say.