Squier II Precision Bass by Fender when and where was it made . Can you help !

PALPAL Frets: 540
I have a Squier II by Fender and I'm trying to work out when and where it was made. It doesn't have a serial number and it doesn't say "Made In India" on the headstock. Here are a couple of photos. I can't make any sense of the numbers printed on the back of the heel of the neck Can anyone help ! Thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14463
    Ye olde book by Tony Bacon says South Korea. Late Eighties, early Nineties.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • PALPAL Frets: 540
    Ye olde book by Tony Bacon says South Korea. Late Eighties, early Nineties.
        Thank you so much for your help.
    While you have the bass in pieces, inspect the neck pocket walls and/or the control cavity for evidence of laminate construction.

The cream-coloured pickup cover looks non-original. Parts discolour but not that much. Does the pickup have adjustable hex screw polepieces?
  • PALPAL Frets: 540
    While you have the bass in pieces, inspect the neck pocket walls and/or the control cavity for evidence of laminate construction.

The cream-coloured pickup cover looks non-original. Parts discolour but not that much. Does the pickup have adjustable hex screw polepieces?
    Hi. Thanks for the advice. I checked the neck pocket and it is solid wood not laminate. The pickups look original ceramic with
    no adjustable pole pieces . Thank you once again.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72416
    I think those Korean pickup covers do discolour as badly as that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

In that case, the sixty four thousand Dollar question is, is it worthwhile making a few upgrades? e.g. Bone or synthetic bone nut, a better pickup and, maybe, better controls. Probably depends on whether the OP likes the neck profile and string spacing.