Calling on the pool of Fretboard amp knowledge SORTED

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    Nobody's mentioned FX Loop Y/N, so ....

Do you need an FX Loop (the answer's yes ;) ) ?

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Actually its a no ;) well at least not for FX. It would need to have a preamp out/power amp in, or the ability to disconnect the speaker i.e have the speaker connected via jack as opposed to having it hardwired in
  • If buying from guitarguitar make sure you check whether you are getting an ex demo or not...they have a tendency to send out well used stuff as new.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    gearaddict said:

If buying from guitarguitar make sure you check whether you are getting an ex demo or not...they have a tendency to send out well used stuff as new.
    That's true, but they're selling a new amp for more or less the second hand price and with a full warranty, so not too bad a deal even if it is...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5321
    I had an Artisan 15 combo with the greenback speaker and it was superb at home and took pedals perfectly! I did put Mullard valves in it though.
    Highly recommended!
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 222
    I always recommend the cornford amps mate. The hurricane and roadhouse 30 are worth a look. Especially if you are wanting plenty of mids. They go for pretty good prices these days. You'll need a used tho as they've gone bust.
  • my guitarist has a roadhouse 30 and it's awesome, wish i had nabbed it first as it was a steal! i am off to see an amp this week so i might be sorted but thanks guys :) i will report back!
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 222
    edited October 2014
    Yeah had a Roadhouse 30 head. Loved it. Takes pedals well and is super light. Had the mk50 as well, awesome but too much for what I needed. Always fancied a hurricane to be honest.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Indeed the amp i am after will basically serve as a clean tone which i will feed my pedal board into, although having a few extra features wouldn't hurt for other eventualities.

I saw a puretone head for sale on here some time ago and quite liked the look of it but having just rechecked (the combo is between 1200 and nearly 2 grand new!) i dont think i could afford it, even less so the MJW but damn that looks nice :P

The Puretone is a brilliant pedal platform. I love mine. 

They are stupid expensive new, but they don't seem to go for all that much SH.
  • Thanks to everyone for their help, i am now sorted :) bought the Koch Studiotone 20 that was for sale on here, picked it up yesterday and its perfect for what i wanted!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    Koch and Ball
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>