SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted beautifully: US Fender Stratocaster

What's Hot
Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
I’m looking for a Fender Stratocaster.  It must have the following:

• Made in the US
  • trem
  •  6-screw bridge
  • 3 single coils
  • 9"5 neck radius
  • Edit: rosewood board (my other two electrics have maple, and I fancy a contrast) 
I don’t mind colour but I’m not into fake aging.  

V neck profile, would be great, but not a dealbreaker.

Budget is £1,000.  Does not need a case.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 536
    Treewig1 said:
    I’m looking for a Fender Stratocaster.  It must have the following:

• Made in the US
    • trem
    •  6-screw bridge
    • 3 single coils
    • 9"5 neck radius.
    I don’t mind colour but I’m not into fake aging.  

V neck profile, would be great, but not a dealbreaker.

Budget is £1,000.  Does not need a case.

Thanks
    So that's basically an American Original 50s Strat or Clapton strat for under a grand, US partscaster or bust.

Fender std has been modern trem since late 80s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kennyabiskennyabis Frets: 102
    edited May 2023
    A 6 screw bridge with budget up to £1000 really only gives you one or two options : an American special or highway 1. However both are 'C' necks. Ive a V neck deluxe for sale in your budget that meets most your specs except it has a 2 point bridge. Depends what's more important for you, the v neck or the 6 screw bridge
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 536
    kennyabis said:
    A 6 screw bridge with budget up to £1000 really only gives you one or two options : an American special or highway 1. However both are 'C' necks. Ive a V neck deluxe for sale in your budget that meets most your specs except it has a 2 point bridge. Depends what's more important for you, the v neck or the 6 screw bridge
    Exactly mate - The neck counts the Special/HW1 out. 

Unfortunately with Fender and Gibson, cherry picking your exact spec and saying "I've got X amount to spend" is wishful thinking. 

The fellas Deluxe is a good shout if you can comprimise. 

Another option is the new JV modified 60s Strat. Japanese shouldn't put you off,  they're ace. V neck, 9.5" board and 6 screw bridge all as part of the spec.

Also, even bigger than the neck profile imo is the fret wire. The size of fret imo makes THE biggest difference to whether you'll get on with a Guitar more so than the neck shape and other specs. Often overlooked. YMMV.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MSedgMSedg Frets: 132
    I’ve seen one original series ‘50s go for £1100 - but that was exceptionally low and it went within about an hour. I was semi tempted to get it as a spare for mine - they’re great guitars!
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 621
    If you can live with an American special I have a mint surf green with maple neck. Don't forget these also have the big 70s headstock. But as previously mentioned these tick all your boxes other than the v neck.
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    Thanks for all your helpful comments.  @bazxkr I had not come across the American special.  I’ll take a look, thank you. 
  • Shaw9Shaw9 Frets: 5
    I have a 1994 American Standard for sale.

All original, in Olympic White with an alder body.

Dark rosewood fingerboard.

£1,000.00

Comes with a case.
    Andrew 
  • NCoNCo Frets: 169
    You can look at the California Series Stratocasters made in 97/98. I've seen them sell for £650-£750, but now there are a few ridiculously priced ones at just under £1000 which I find mental and not worth it IMO.
  • MikeDearingMikeDearing Frets: 33
    Just to add my twopeneth - I have a few Strats - it my main squeeze for gigging .. I wouldn't be @ all hung up on a non American Strat  - the spec you want I'd go Mexican road worn all the time, Japanese  are beautiful and work well too - but avoid the heavier ones for practicality and the ones very authentic early sounding  pickups as those instruments take some amping ... when the JV squiers came in the early eighties we swapped their pickups out because the pickups were weedy - but that was their authenticity too.., ;/) so it's a tricky thing - all my Strats sound very different ..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom