Site broken on chrome for Android?

Hey folks

Anyone else getting problems using the mobile view (on chrome for android)? 

As of this evening, when I'm looking at the list of threads, all of the "read" threads are invisible - its just whitespace where the thread info should be. If i click on the whitespace the title etc appears. It's really odd, like the site css is broken or something. 

I'll take a screenshot to explain.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12917
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4545
    Working OK for me.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27622
    No problems on that config for me either?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Restarting my phone seems to have fixed it. Odd! 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26640
    Chrome's been a bit weird for me in general over the last couple of days - I think it's one of the rare Android updates that actually breaks stuff.

Hasn't done anything layout-wise to the forum, mind, but Javascripty stuff doesn't seem to be as reliable as usual.
    <space for hire>
    Chrome's been a bit weird for me in general over the last couple of days - I think it's one of the rare Android updates that actually breaks stuff.

Hasn't done anything layout-wise to the forum, mind, but Javascripty stuff doesn't seem to be as reliable as usual.
    I just got a new phone and the combination of Android 13 and the latest Chrome isn't a particularly good one. Quite a few niggles. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24363
    edited May 2023
    I've been having a nightmare with it!  I was about to post my own thread asking the same.  I'm getting Chrome freezing, which also seems to affect everything else, but only on this site.  I've been experiment with different launches & different browsers and confirmed that the issue is only with Chrome and only with this site.

It freezes, then I get a message saying Chrome has stopped responding, if I tap 'wait', it starts working again....  for a short time before it freezes again etc.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26640
    Emp_Fab said:
    I've been having a nightmare with it!  I was about to post my own thread asking the same.  I'm getting Chrome freezing, which also seems to affect everything else, but only on this site.  I've been experiment with different launches & different browsers and confirmed that the issue is only with Chrome and only with this site.

It freezes, then I get a message saying Chrome has stopped responding, if I tap 'wait', it starts working again....  for a short time before it freezes again etc.
    The key point, though, is that nothing has changed on tFB - I haven't made any code changes in a couple of months. Something has changed in Chrome which is causing this, but I can't reproduce the problem and so I can't even begin to work out exactly what has changed to cause it.
    <space for hire>
    I'm not suggesting it's this site that is at fault or that you have done anything.  I'm just giving you the facts....  just the facts Sir.
    I've switched to Chrome Beta on android and it seems much, much better.

There's definitely something going on with the stable build - pages are jittery, there are display and scrolling issues, etc. Part of me thinks it's related to the display of adverts but I'm not sure. 

So Beta it is. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5523
    I'm having problems with this site too since the update to Android 13. The site freezes, then crashes. Opening Chrome takes me back to the page I was on. It doesn't freeze/crash every single time though, just every other time. I've cleared cache and restarted my phone but it's still buggy.

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Emp_Fab said:

I've been getting the same but I though it was chrome rather than this place. 
    As you say you just tap wait and it starts again so not exactly a nightmare for me. 

Sometimes I can see people's pics and sometimes I can't too. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5523
    Haha I spoke too soon! Just opened another thread and tried scrolling down the page and it froze/crashed!
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 965
    Emp_Fab said:

I had the same issue for about a week, then suddenly back to normal again. Seems fine now. No idea really why but I assumed it was something to do with the browser. 
    Is anyone else's phone getting a bit warmer too?  I can't get Chrome beta to run on mine, it just crashes immediately.  I'm going to try a different browser.