SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fs/ft Gibson les paul smartwood exotic with a neck repair

mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 64
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
I have  a 1999 Gibson les paul smartwood exotic with a neck repair, it's solid, no tuning issues but the guitar has had a hard life, currently it has humbucker sized p90s, not sure of branding, and the pickguard is blue tacked on just because I prefer the look of a les paul with a pickguatd, but so not to drill the top at all. No case 

I'm based in margate kent, but heading up to birmingham on Sunday (27th may is it) for 4 nights.

trade wise I'm thinking Fender telecaster, I prefer ash tray bridges with 3 sadles, partscasters considered, projects cosidered don't care about condition, colour. Ideal if we are blue sky thinking would be a partscaster with a Fender japan maple neck with a heel adjustable truss rod. 

Maybe consider other trades to
I'm valuing £475 

https://imgur.com/a/n4wTApz
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2651
    Love the paired down look of these. What's the neck profile like?

• mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 64
    edited May 2023
    It's a D, not too thick but certainly not too thin, it has a really nice feel to it too. Feel really solid. I had a look on line to see what it is

Neck Profile: D
    Neck Thickness (IN): 1st - .85" & 12th - .94"
    Fingerboard Radius: 12.00"

Nut Width: 1-11/16"
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15009
    I have a 1999 Gibson les paul smartwood exotic
    Which smart wood species is it? 

How much of the guitar is that species rather than mahogany? The carved top? The fingerboard? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 64
    The top certainly is, not 100% sure on the wood, but I my closest guess would be taperyva gusasu, I believe the fingerboards were also a different species but doesn't look the same as the top

I've also decided £600 as a value is too high so dropped it to £475
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12747
    PM Sent

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.