line 6 dilemma..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'm in two trib bands so versatility is key; Metallica and AC/DC sure have different sounds.

They don't when I play them. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    Have you tried setting the Valvestate to 'Linear' instead of 'Valvestate'? That should (I think) tighten up the bass response. Unfortunately it might also change the sound of the patches you do like normally too.

On the other hand that 8004 is really a piece of crap, and if you're worried about valve reliability...

I would maybe think about changing it for a 8008, which is a far better-engineered, better-sounding and more reliable unit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It is on linear...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• I'm in two trib bands so versatility is key; Metallica and AC/DC sure have different sounds.

They don't when I play them. :)
    Setlist notes:

For whom hells bells tolls

Back in Black album

Ride the thunderstruck

It is on linear...
    Try Valvestate, you never know! I suspect it will be worse, but I could be wrong :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Ok, so last I tried all sorts of power amp options last night.

Pod Pro -> 

Samson Servo 170 / Crate Power Block / Valvestate 8004

--> Marshall 1966a/b 2x12

All were pretty much the same probably more headroom on the valvestate and power block though.

I also tried a Blackstar ID100 through the same speakers.

Any low E palm mute chug on a treadplate patch has a brutal thump... the speakers dont seem to flap or abnormally distort or "fart", so could I just be witnessing "the norm"? The movement of air?  I have been so use to a certain sound that perhaps I need to experience some alternatives.

Its certainly usable at the moment just got me thinking.

The Flextone 2 HD I had died back in May, and since them I have been using a Bogner Spider Valve; perhaps my ears have forgotten what the Flex sounded like?

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

The low-end is supposed to be pretty boomy on a Rectifier, yes. I assume from what you were saying that it was overdriving the speakers, but if it isn't then it's probably normal for that patch.

A friend of mine has a similar problem with a real Rectoverb amp, it booms on palm-muted chords when set to the heaviest type of sound. I tried curing it by adding a bit more damping to that mode, but it took away what makes it sound like it's meant to! He just learned to work around it eventually.