Musical Gear Insurance information

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I’m with Allianz. £340 for the year for £17k of gear. I’m about to find out how smooth the claims process is though. I really hope there’s no ultra fine print. ;-( 
    I don't think that's unreasonable as a price for reasonable cover, the problem I've got is that a little above that and the price sky rockets, a lot above that and the price goes mental and the website can't handle it and you have to speak to someone on the phone who gives you a pretty nuts quote (I know it has to go up the more the value, but there appears to be a jump at around 17k on the online quote setup.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    I’m with New Moon, they seem reasonable and have a decent rep. Quotes were lower than the others when I first took cover. Renewal due next month and will be certainly be renewing with some changes in cover.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I just did an online quote with Allianz for one of my electrics, an Esp ltd explorer.  
    Can’t remember how much I paid for it new 3 years ago, but its latest model is around £750 odd. 

So I typed in the value as being £750, for premises only cover (i presume this means my house? Otherwise its all moot for me), no public liability or unattended vehicle cover needed as I only have the guitars at home. 

£3 a month lol. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    edited March 2018
    Just updated the quote so it covers all 3 of my guitars at a total value of £1650, for premises only cover. 

Still £3 a month... 

Says it covers theft if the house is unattended or we’ve ‘retired’ for the night providing all windows and doors are locked and keys removed except the windows in an attended bedroom. 

t&c’s mention they may ask you to add a home alarm.. i presume they would in the case of real high value stuff. 

I might play around with their forms tomo, as in the drop down list when adding items to insure, there is everything from pedalboards, pedals, floorboards to pickups! 

Appears they refuse to cover any damage or loss from ‘nuclear force’ though.

The only easy day, was yesterday...