SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Erskine Custom Made SJ-200 *price drop!

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2475
edited October 2023 in Acoustics £
This is an absolutely beautiful custom built Jumbo that I bought last year from the retired luthier's private stock. It's completely stunning and sounds like the best J-200 you'll ever try.
No expense has been spared on this build, the inlay work is perfect and the flames pop out at you from all sides. The fretboard edges are nicely rolled and the neck profile is a nice full C.

I'm asking £2500 which is far less than half its retail value if you had ordered one like it! I could be persuaded by trades but trade value would be a little higher I think.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bermudianbritbermudianbrit Frets: 172
    Martin GPC35E in trade? Fishman pickup, great condition. A bit more comfortable than a jumbo but still has a lot of boom to it. also be interested in reason for sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2475
    Martin GPC35E in trade? Fishman pickup, great condition. A bit more comfortable than a jumbo but still has a lot of boom to it. also be interested in reason for sale.
    Sounds good to me, I’ll pm you! Reason for sale is purely financial as I just bought a 64 D28 from @CMW335 and now I’m poor! 
    Still available 
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Still here!
    edited October 2023
    Bump, cheaper if you can collect from London asap
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2431
    This looks cool. Colour me ignorant but I've never heard of Erskine, and can't find much online -- any info?
    Stuckfast said:
    This looks cool. Colour me ignorant but I've never heard of Erskine, and can't find much online -- any info?
    I think it’s the same guy who makes the ‘Stigg’ Les Paul burst replicas but that’s only speculation. I have only seen one other one, a jazz archtop that sold for £4k 
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2431
    Well it looks gorgeous and I'd like a maple jumbo but it'd be nice to know a bit more about it. All I can find online is that his first name was Doug! Also that imgur link doesn't work for me. What sorts of thing are you looking for trade-wise? 
    edited October 2023
    Stuckfast said:
    Well it looks gorgeous and I'd like a maple jumbo but it'd be nice to know a bit more about it. All I can find online is that his first name was Doug! Also that imgur link doesn't work for me. What sorts of thing are you looking for trade-wise? 
    Yeah, I know as much as you do, doesn’t really bother me especially at this price, it’s a top notch hand made guitar made from the best materials for under £3k. It’s equally as good as the Atkin guitars I’ve owned and sounded better than the 60’s J-200 I owned a year ago. Now it’s reduced I’m really only after a sale.
  • Bump