Power supply help please?

BeexterBeexter Frets: 620
edited October 2014 in FX
Hi all,
I have a Carl Martin Pro Power supply. I've seen 2 different specs. for these. Some say that outputs 1-6 are rated at 100ma and others say 150ma. There are no markings that I can see and Carl Martin themselves couldn't really help.
Does anyone know how I can tell for sure which version I have or if there is a way of testing it without frying anything?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73077
    Presumably you have a pedal or pedals which draw more than 100mA, or you wouldn't be asking! In which case probably the first thing to do is to check what the actual current draw of them is - sometimes manufacturers exaggerate slightly (or a lot).

If you do know for sure what the draw is and it's over 100mA, the easiest way of checking the supply may be to open up the casing and see what type number the voltage regulators are - that will indicate their current rating.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom