SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Late 80s Yamaha RGX1203S £350

Brownster74Brownster74 Frets: 30
edited June 2023 in Guitars £

Rarely seen, top of the Yamaha RGX line - neck through guitar.  Late 80s.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sFVhvaRSx8jFRiDe9

Made in Taiwan.

Think this is the silver pearl colour.

24.75 scale

Alder body

Mahogany neck through

ebony board

Rockin magic pro trem

3 single pups

side mounted jack.

Condition wise, it looks great for its age. There is a paint chip on tip of the headstock and 3 or 4 small scratches mainly on rear and 2 or 3 very minor dings on the edges.  It has clearly had an easy life. 

There is no trem arm - The trem is currently blocked off.

It has a pretty low action but may need a tweak as the A string buzzes if any force used. 

*The electrics are a bit of a mystery to me as I've no technical ability whatsoever. 

The guitar has 3 switches at the top which apparently do things such as direct over ride, out of phase etc.  The info is out there on the net.

Whether these work as they should, I couldn't honestly tell and I've never really used them. Things do happen -  just  not sure what!   The pots/switches  are a little crackly. But it sounds fine once you've selected everything and play it! 

Welcome to try it. Pretty sure first to try will buy! 

Has to be collected from Lancs as I've no hard case for this but will come with a padded Schecter guitar bag.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments