Joe Bonamassa - I Want To Shout About It

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30975
    Joe on record- dull.

Joe live- astonishing.

Given some of the utter shite in music right now I have no issue with him.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12056
    Gassage said:
    Joe on record- dull.

Joe live- astonishing.

A friend had four complimentary tickets to see JB at the Shepherd's Bush Empire.  I declined a freebie - I didn't want to make a long round trip and stop over in London to see someone I didn't especially like on record.

My other three mates went and all were in agreement - JB is a good player but the music was bland (dare I say boring) and he didn't engage with the audience in any way whatsoever.  I believe they left before the end.

I do however like a fair bit of Black Country Communion's output - I'd definitely go and see them were they ever to tour again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30975
    Offset said:
    Gassage said:
    Joe on record- dull.

Joe live- astonishing.

A friend had four complimentary tickets to see JB at the Shepherd's Bush Empire.  I declined a freebie - I didn't want to make a long round trip and stop over in London to see someone I didn't especially like on record.

My other three mates went and all were in agreement - JB is a good player but the music was bland (dare I say boring) and he didn't engage with the audience in any way whatsoever.  I believe they left before the end.

I do however like a fair bit of Black Country Communion's output - I'd definitely go and see them were they ever to tour again.

I haven't seen him for years- but when I did it was during his breakthrough period 2010-2013 and he was blistering....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    edited August 2023
    Just down a bit of digging. Further to my previous comment, it was 2006 when I first saw him at The Customs House in South Shields, and then saw him in the same venue a couple of years later. Time flies!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    My son works for the NEC group so we sometimes get unsold tickets at a staff rate. So I have half an eye on what sells and despite the apparent dislike of JoBo on every guitar forum he can get bums on (expensive) seats very quickly indeed. Outsells, as random examples, James Blunt, Alice Cooper, The Jonas Brothers - pretty much household names. But yes he has been mining a rich seam of Not Very Interesting for a few years now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23221
    axisus said:
    He sells shedloads of albums though, HMV always have a ton of his in their meagre blues section. 
    Presumably only a meagre equivalent of a ton, rather than an actual ton?  But I was just surprised you have an HMV, to be honest.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Philly_Q said:
    axisus said:
    He sells shedloads of albums though, HMV always have a ton of his in their meagre blues section. 
    Presumably only a meagre equivalent of a ton, rather than an actual ton?  But I was just surprised you have an HMV, to be honest.
    I went in my nearest HMV for the first time in, well, probably since Covid the other day. CDs were a small collection at the back of the store. T shirts, books, headphones, vinyl,etc. I didn't look for any JoBo CDs but past experience would suggest he is over represented in the Blues section. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23221
    edited August 2023
    I can't remember the last time I went into an HMV.  I'm not even sure if the "flagship" store on Oxford Street still exists?  About once a year I go to the Fopp store in Earlham Street, I'm always surprised to find it's still there.