New Foo Fighters

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1419
    I am still wondering what the keyboard player does live!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23575
    I am still wondering what the keyboard player does live!
    Additional guitar?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27692
    Ok, a couple of listens on my flight just now. It’s not their best (FF, TC&TS, TSNLTL, WL) but I think it’s their best for a long time. 

Rest is stunning. I have no idea how Dave will get through that live, if they choose to try it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3357
    Slightly harrowing listen...really enjoyed 'Show Me How' (I hadn't heard any previews).
    Yeah, it’s not easy listening just because the context is unavoidable and so intrinsically connected to the songs. 

Rescued, Under You and Nothing At All are my favourites so far, as well as Rest
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3357
    Yeah, it’s not easy listening just because the context is unavoidable and so intrinsically connected to the songs. 

I made the mistake of doing some Google-mining about Taylor at the time ;-/

'Show Me How' was like a bit of respite and reminded me of some 90s indie (Lush, Sundays, MBV?)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I made the mistake of doing some Google-mining about Taylor at the time ;-/

'Show Me How' was like a bit of respite and reminded me of some 90s indie (Lush, Sundays, MBV?)
    Yeah it nails that vibe - it’s Violet Grohl on BVs apparently. Reminds me of the “doo doo doo” bits in Everlong, which is no bad thing 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    edited June 2023
    ‘The Glass’ reminds me of The Lemonheads. A good thing? Yeah. I’d say so.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    I had a listen but I found it pretty mediocre. There aren't any riffs or hooks in anything. It's very competent, but it's all just stuff where you'd take the opportunity to go for a wee during at a gig.

Wasting Light was the last one I really enjoyed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a listen but I found it pretty mediocre. There aren't any riffs or hooks in anything. It's very competent, but it's all just stuff where you'd take the opportunity to go for a wee during at a gig.

Wasting Light was the last one I really enjoyed.
    Some of what I’ve heard sort of reminds me a lot of the second disc of In Your Honour. I never play that disc for a reason. It’s very depressing I feel. Devoid of riffs and strong hooks like you say.

Wasting Light is one of my faves.

I also really like Sonic Highways. Saw them on that tour. I wasn’t as much into Concrete & Gold, but I loved Medicine... So this album feels like a bit of a nosedive for me. :( 

Understandable, I should say, but when I’m in a dark place myself I don’t want to listen to someone else lamenting on theirs so I’m going to pass up buying this album. 
  • I couldn’t stop myself.
    I bought the album.
    I’m a stickler for CDs.
    My car doesn’t do any of that fancy schmancy Blue teeth stuff so if I don’t want to listen to the frequencies in the air on the road that’s my option…

I also tend to find that after I have zapped a plastic disc with a laser and converted it into sound waves in my automotive speakers I find it more enjoyable than I first did when listening to a song through a stream on the interwebs or whatnot.

It’s not that bad after all. It is very “Foos by numbers” though in places (that tends to also be the highlights though).
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2448
    I really enjoyed them when I saw them perform at live at Leeds festival yonks ago. But whenever I hear their music elsewhere, it sounds like middle of the road rock and doesn’t grab me. I’ve listened to a couple of their new tracks and it’s the same again. It’s a shame as they’re a band I’d like to love.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think its incredibly average. Except for a couple of tracks on albums over the years, most of their stuff after Theres Nothing Left to Lose is. One By One was the beginning of the end for me.

I love Dave Grohl but he's at his best when he's behind a kit. QOTSA? Excellent. Them Crooked Vultures? Phenomenal. Josh Homme should just employ him full time in my opinion
  • I'd gone off them for a while now but Josh Freese (one of my favourite drummers) is now on the team, so might check them out again.  Though I don't know if he contributed to the album.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23575
    I'd gone off them for a while now but Josh Freese (one of my favourite drummers) is now on the team, so might check them out again.  Though I don't know if he contributed to the album.
    Don't think so, it's all Grohl.  But I might have that wrong.
  • Philly_Q said:
    I'd gone off them for a while now but Josh Freese (one of my favourite drummers) is now on the team, so might check them out again.  Though I don't know if he contributed to the album.
    Don't think so, it's all Grohl.  But I might have that wrong.
    You're right @Philly_Q ;.  Just looked it up and Freese isn't on there.  Oh well.