SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Removed

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• delabdelab Frets: 15
    I should also add… I did try to get hold of the seller I bought the guitar from to ask if I could use the description featured above. The account had been closed so I was unable to. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 536
    delab said:
    I should also add… I did try to get hold of the seller I bought the guitar from to ask if I could use the description featured above. The account had been closed so I was unable to. 
    Which is a very true point - reverb closed my account for reasons I have zero idea on - anyway 1640 is exactly the amount Del paid (albeit with reverb fees - but its worth the asking price - I've only seen one other kicking around in recent years in the UK)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CameronJCameronJ Frets: 4
    This is truly a thing of beauty!
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2459
    Lovely beast 
  • PudgyManPudgyMan Frets: 0
    Bump and @RobG3294 can you shed more light on your comment about secursus not paying up?
    edited June 2023
    PudgyMan said:
    Bump and @RobG3294 can you shed more light on your comment about secursus not paying up?
    They never not paid out mate, but I've never made a claim.
    That said, I insured about 25 Guitars through them - their site makes it look like the perfect companion purchase for any ebay sale you make Guitar wise - they even brandish their website with ebay this and that. 

Then... You go into their Terms and Conditions which say something along the lines of this in the omissions of what's covered with them:

"Private sellers or non businesses conducting any sale of goods on any form of online marketplace"

So basically, unless you're Jordan Guitars or (god forbid) Essex Recording Studios or the like - you may as well roll your money up and smoke it.

Evem if you complied with their packing regs, taking photos et al, any private seller would not be covered unless you concoct some wild lie saying you sold it via a newspaper classified section (which is pushing the boundaries and would require the buyer to comply and more importantly, secursus to believe you). 

All in all, not worth it. Don't use them. Waste of money. Im sure some will have gotten away with it somehow, but that's lack of diligence at Secursus end to their own policies, rather than private individuals actually being covered.

The fact is they should know 99.999% modern day transactions that would require insuring for a distance sale with courier, occur on a digital marketplace.

Therefore, they should stop being snide and be upfront that it's only valid for businesses on the front end of their website. Rather than borderline scamming private sellers into an insurance product that's as much use on tits on a fish. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4320
    edited June 2023
    RobG3294 said:
    PudgyMan said:
    That said, I insured about 25 Guitars through them - their site makes it look like the perfect companion purchase for any ebay sale you make Guitar wise - they even brandish their website with ebay this and that. 

Then... You go into their Terms and Conditions which say something along the lines of this in the omissions of what's covered with them:

"Private sellers or non businesses conducting any sale of goods on any form of online marketplace"

So basically, unless you're Jordan Guitars or (god forbid) Essex Recording Studios or the like - you may as well roll your money up and smoke it.

Evem if you complied with their packing regs, taking photos et al, any private seller would not be covered unless you concoct some wild lie saying you sold it via a newspaper classified section (which is pushing the boundaries and would require the buyer to comply and more importantly, secursus to believe you). 

All in all, not worth it. Don't use them. Waste of money. Im sure some will have gotten away with it somehow, but that's lack of diligence at Secursus end to their own policies, rather than private individuals actually being covered.

The fact is they should know 99.999% modern day transactions that would require insuring for a distance sale with courier, occur on a digital marketplace.

Therefore, they should stop being snide and be upfront that it's only valid for businesses on the front end of their website. Rather than borderline scamming private sellers into an insurance product that's as much use on tits on a fish. 
    How's that even relevant to, or enforceable by them? The contract is between the service client (you) and the courier (them), not the receiving party.

*edit* Sorry for the further derail - I had a CIJ Ocean Turquoise '62 Strat that I dearly miss, but I don't really need any more guitars atm so I'm just living vicariously through these adverts :mrgreen:
    edited June 2023
    RobG3294 said:
    PudgyMan said:

How's that even relevant to, or enforceable by them? The contract is between the service client (you) and the courier (them), not the receiving party.

*edit* Sorry for the further derail - I had a CIJ Ocean Turquoise '62 Strat that I dearly miss, but I don't really need any more guitars atm so I'm just living vicariously through these adverts mrgreen
    They are insurers of the item(s) shipped by courier service - so whilst the courier service is a contract between you and them (UPS etc) - the courier insurance is a contract between you and Secursus. (OH BUT ONLY IF YOU'RE A BUSINESS!)

In case you don't believe me - I'll pull it directly from the Secursus site:

Article 6 - Types of risks covered by the Parcel Insurance

6.1. The Parcel Insurance covers loss and complete theft or partial theft, or damages caused to the Items during transit.

6.2. THE PARCEL INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER:

• RUST AND/OR OXIDATION ON ITEMS SHIPPED WITHOUT PROPER WRAPPING/PACKAGING;
    • THE FUNCTIONAL BREAKAGE OF ITEMS OR DISRUPTION/MALFUNCTION OF ANY ITEMS WITH ONE OR SEVERAL MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL OR ELECTRONIC MECHANISMS NOT CLEARLY RESULTING FROM AN INCIDENT DURING TRANSIT;
    • DEPRECIATION;
    • LOSS OF DATA RECORDED ON MAGNETIC MEDIA;
    • SCRATCHES, SCUFFS, DEFORMATION, AND OTHER COSMETIC DAMAGE;
    • DAMAGE DUE TO USE (SECONDHAND ITEMS);
    • LOSSES OR DAMAGES ON PACKAGES THAT WERE RECEIVED WITHOUT SIGNATURE OR THAT WERE RECEIVED WITH A NON-CONFORMING SIGNATURE;
    • RISKS RELATED TO ELECTROMAGNETIC, BIOCHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL OR RADIOACTIVE CONTAMINATION, OR CHEMICAL WEAPONS;
    • NUCLEAR RISKS;
    • CYBER RISKS ;
    • ITEMS THAT ARE ALREADY BROKEN OR WEAKENED (UNLESS APPROVED BY SECURSUS IN WRITING);
    • ITEMS SHIPPED ON A PALLET (UNLESS APPROVED BY SECURSUS IN WRITING);
    • ITEMS SHIPPED THAT ARE SOLD/PURCHASED ON AN ONLINE MARKETPLACE BY INDIVIDUALS. ONLY OFFICIAL BUSINESSES WILL BE COVERED UNLESS APPROVED IN WRITING.
    https://www.secursus.com/en-gb/terms-and-conditions/ ;available here.

To get to that link where it details the omissions of cover, you have to either know about it - or trawl through their sitemap to find it. It's not made eminently obvious to the general purchaser (hence why I wasted a shed load of money insuring shipments that weren't even covered). Good job I pack them to the hilt with padding haha.

It's not a scam, but it's nigh on. Deceptive at best. 

As I say, it should be termed Secursus Courier Insurance for Business.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry for protracting the derail but the tailpiece words ‘unless agreed in writing’ would allow them to cover private individuals provided you have something in writing from them to that effect beforehand.

Whether they ever grant such to private individual is a matter for another thread. 

P.S. lovely guitar OP
    Sorry for protracting the derail but the tailpiece words ‘unless agreed in writing’ would allow them to cover private individuals provided you have something in writing from them to that effect beforehand.

Whether they ever grant such to private individual is a matter for another thread. 

P.S. lovely guitar OP
    Derailing? It's a free bump!  B)
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9939
    Courier insurance is all a scam. The courts find in favour of buyers when a courier loses or damages an item. If you use a courier, the contract between you is the courier delivers the goods safely. If they fail to, the liability is on them regardless of any bullshit T&Cs they try to hide behind.
    It’s just whether someone can be bothered with the small claims court.

The guitar here remains cool as heck BTW
    Bumping…
    And again please….
    To the top please…