New Noel G Album

What's Hot

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6591
    Who's playing scissors on this one?
    Kirk Hammett.

Paid a fortune for a pair that were once owned by Alexander McQueen.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3378
    Charlotte Courbe. Shes also percussion and BVs.

If youve ever actually played with french herb scissors, they make an awesome swoosh sound thats been on loads of records over the years.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3357
    Kirk Hammett.

Paid a fortune for a pair that were once owned by Alexander McQueen.

Kirk's scissor playing was only any good on the first few albums.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    edited June 2023
    I read that William Whiteley & Sons are releasing some relic Kirk Hammet signature scissors, aged by Tom Murphy, for the collectors who don't actually cut paper or play then in a band but prefer to keep them in a drawer.

https://www.whiteley.co.uk/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    I gave this a go this morning on the way into work. It's good but hasn't blown me away like "Dead To The World" did when it came out. I'll obviously give it a few listens but at the moment I prefer "Who Built The Moon?".
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ALRALR Frets: 134
    I've given it 3.3 listens. I like it so far, but as I said to my mate of 25 years and fellow Noel-watcher (and former bandmate), it will take dozens of listens and months of debate before we know what we think about it.

I'm enjoying the sound, even though I liked Who Built The Moon I'm appreciating the new direction, reminds me a little bit of something like Scott Walker. I still think he's one of the best melodicists, the lyrics do seem a little more meaningful than usual.
    mhep mhep mhep!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12336
    Mange to play most of the album on the way to work, like Easy now (I think), not many Guitar Solo's on this album, can't remember if there are any on his last album ??

I think Noel finds solos a bit boring these days.  There were a few on "Chasing Yesterday" but mostly played by someone else, as was the solo on "Black Star Dancing".

There is tremendous fun in a classic Noel solo, but you know I think that! :lol:
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    As with all of Noel's work I like a few songs here and there, I'm more looking forward to the new Blur album though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2450
    Mange to play most of the album on the way to work, like Easy now (I think), not many Guitar Solo's on this album, can't remember if there are any on his last album ??
    Having watched that TPS video intro he still struggles to pick a chord without staring down at his right hand like he's just been handed Burt Weedon's Play In A Day book.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctavioOctavio Frets: 158
    Strat54 said:
    Having watched that TPS video intro he still struggles to pick a chord without staring down at his right hand like he's just been handed Burt Weedon's Play In A Day book.
    Where's he supposed to look, into Dan's eyes? 
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3378
    Strat54 said:
    Thats his technique. Hes a decent guitarist whether people like it or not. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Thats his technique. Hes a decent guitarist whether people like it or not. 
    I'm not 100% that Oasis would have worked with a classical guitarist playing on their records in any case.

Guitarists often remind me of 16th century politics... "You played a full barre chord and not an inversion... BURN HIM!!!"
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4061
    It’s growing on me. I’d only listen to bits when I’ve walked to the shop etc but now I’ve had it on a few times while working I’m getting into it.

Really looking forward to the TPS episode too, I don’t care if he looks at his guitar. I would if I owned that 355!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4061

Strat54 said:

Granted it’s not an Asus2 like in the video, but look! He can play without looking!
    I think we now need to be asking ourselves...

"Would Noel Gallagher have more respect in the industry if he'd bought Greeny..."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1111
    edited June 2023
    I enjoy the irony that Noel will now have 11 No.1 albums in a row but really as the new album shows both THFB and Oasis were really singles bands.
    LPManic said:
    I enjoy the irony that Noel will now have 11 No.1 albums in a row but really as the new album shows both THFB and Oasis were really singles bands.
    Been a long while since I've seen a post I've disagreed with quite as much!

Especially as Oasis have album tracks and even B sides you hear as often as many of their singles... and quite right to as they are much better.
  • Definitely a different vibe to it, bit mellower, more melodic than WBTM. Hear more of his Burt Bacharach influence on this one. 
    There She Blows wouldn’t sound out of place on Rubber Soul. Get There In The End is brilliant. 
    Seeing him in Saffron Walden in august, hope he’s bringing a string and brass section! 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    If you can make good sounding records you're a good guitarist. It's not really a skill that translates to Instagram 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825

Strat54 said:

Granted it’s not an Asus2 like in the video, but look! He can play without looking!

He's got a bit of the trump hands.