Proof of delivery??

WezVWezV Frets: 16994
So i ordered something off ebay a couple of weeks ago.   Its from a seller I am fairly sure I have ordered from before so i don't think he is dodgy.

Anyway, its not turned up and i send a message to see.  I get this back:
Hi
I don't know what's happened here,but it appears someone has accepted the package and signed for it.
The tracking no. is Interparcel 94############
Please let me know how you get on

absolutely fine with that as a first message back,

but how useless is this tracking information

thats it.... all of it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    No geographical info at all? Seems a bit odd. 

But drivers faking signatures and dishonestly reporting deliveries that they didn't bother making is, sadly, not odd at all.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16994
    and i was in all day on the 27th!
    Frustrating. But yeah, been there, done that. Sadly you've got to go back to the seller and get them to raise a fuss, since they're the ones with the contract with the courier.
    edited October 2014
    mart said:
    No geographical info at all? Seems a bit odd. 

that is what i thought, although this is direct from the interparcel site.

He is emailing them to chase it up
  • That's happened to us before. In the end, Hermes were shite and we had to go looking for houses with the same number at all the streets around ours. Found it in the end...
    <space for hire>
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Either you or the seller need to speak to the courier - have had a thing delivered to the wrong address and they had a name with the signature so were able to say where it was and who signed for it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73141
    Sent via Herpes. Says it all really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I am just surprised they even bother with tracking info this limited!   

I feel sorry for the seller here as this is all he can offer me after paying for a signed for delivery.  He is the one that will loose out.

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014
    Everyone knocks Hermes.  But the bottom line is it is cheap, in fact it is so cheap that I don't even know how they can run it as a business and people will always vote with their wallets.  It's like blaming the Council or the Government for all the failings and then voting them in again.  Pay the extra for UPS or vote UKIP.  Had  aparcel with Hermes delivered no problems, in fact it was the only company with a 15 year old English kid as the courier.  I think he was on 50p a day, with 20p commission on making 40,000 drops within the day.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    If the Interparcel service was through UPS or aimilar then get the UPS (or DHL etc) tracking number as they do give a fuller set of details inc geographical info.

When using them I always send both sets of tracking details to any buyer and request the same if buying.
    Well I have resolution.  it turns out it was not MyHermes fault at all.

The parcel had been addressed to the wrong house by the seller.  they had signed for it without checking it was for them.  they didn't know where it should go as we only recently moved to the area and it was at the other end of our street.
    Good news! I had a similar problem once with a shop sending me a huge bass amp, and deleting the last two digits from my house number! I only found out when I picked it up from the courier's depot.