In praise of 'The Fellowship of Acoustics'

Just to let prospective buyers know that I recently had a very good experience with this retailer from the Netherlands.

I was after a specific Swart amp (STR Tremolo), and Coda Music (the UK dealer) didn't have any in stock. Despite Brexit, I don't have any issues buying from Europe/USA if I can get a good deal.

I checked Swart's dealer list and did a quick spin around the websites of the European dealers to see what was in stock. 'The Fellowship of Acoustics' had the amp in stock, had a great website and were also offering a 7.5% discount on anything in the store as part of their new website launch. This deal is still live until 14th June if anyone else is interested. 

I watched a few vids on Youtube just to get a feel for the seller and it was obvious that this is a great store run by passionate guitar people.

Service and communication was great. I had an issue with removing the local taxes and applying the correct discount, but they sent me a correct quotation within 5 minutes that I used to check out through Paypal.

The amp arrived in beautiful condition with Fedex, shipping was very quick and paying duty and fees was easy and stress free.

I'll definitely be using these guys again, it was a really friendly and positive experience.

Home | The Fellowship of Acoustics (tfoa.eu)  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5499
    Thanks @twangydave, useful information.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2606
    I'm not going to go into too much detail because it's not my story to tell but I know one long term member here had a very different experience with the Fellowship.  He also thought they'd been brilliant until he decided to return a guitar, as he was fully entitled to do under their advertised terms of sale.  They turned nasty and obstructive, going as far as to try to deny having received the returned guitar even though he had documentary proof that they had.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • twangydavetwangydave Frets: 13
    I'm not going to go into too much detail because it's not my story to tell but I know one long term member here had a very different experience with the Fellowship.  He also thought they'd been brilliant until he decided to return a guitar, as he was fully entitled to do under their advertised terms of sale.  They turned nasty and obstructive, going as far as to try to deny having received the returned guitar even though he had documentary proof that they had.
    Of course I can only speak about my own experience which was very positive and friendly. When I did my online research I found only find positive feedback, and good reports from popular youtubers like Rhett Schull and Paul Davids. I'm not discounting the story, I'm enough of a realist to know that even the finest stores on the planet have unhappy customers, but my own experience was extremely good. 
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2606
    Of course I can only speak about my own experience which was very positive and friendly. When I did my online research I found only find positive feedback, and good reports from popular youtubers like Rhett Schull and Paul Davids. I'm not discounting the story, I'm enough of a realist to know that even the finest stores on the planet have unhappy customers, but my own experience was extremely good. 

You can only report your own experience, of course.  The incident I'm referring to wasn't even my experience, it was something I found out by accident as a result of us both being interested in the same guitar and sharing some information about it.  He bought the guitar, told me he was delighted with his experience with the Fellowship, and then everything went pear shaped when he tried to return it.  It was enough to make me decide I wouldn't be buying from them.

He may chip in if he sees this thread, but obviously that's his choice.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • spir4Lspir4L Frets: 87
    edited June 2023
    I have got a STR tremolo too since quite a long time! Great choice of an amp and welcome to the Swart CLUB D 
  • twangydavetwangydave Frets: 13
    spir4L said:
    I have got a STR tremolo too since quite a long time! Great choice of an amp and welcome to the Swart CLUB D 
    Cheers! Yes, very glad to be in the club - cracking amps, I'm loving the reverb and trem on this, and it has the ability to get into Neil Young territory at the top of the dial. Looks cracking in the house and doesn't terrify the neighbours - that's a winner for me!