The EH Metal Muff.

What's Hot
timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
So I love the metal muff, it's a very good fuzzy distortion but the top boost setting is whack. Has anyone modded one so that the top boost is useable? I think it would be better as a volume boost or a gain boost.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Yeah top boost sucks! I have no idea who thought that sounded good for any application...was anyone listening???

Normal boost would be a great idea
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24879
    It's great for bass solos.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• The metal muff is a great pedal, but yeah, the top boost needs fixing!

Will follow thread closely. It's also great for tight riffing - it's got a seriously wicked tone.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I hate the way it revoices the pedal. Someone make it stop!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17907
    tFB Trader
    Does it act as a mute?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    One of the worst pedals I've ever tried. It was the weakest sounding distortion for metal I've ever heard.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Does it act as a mute?
    If so does it work on drummers?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Drew_fx said:
    One of the worst pedals I've ever tried. It was the weakest sounding distortion for metal I've ever heard.

that pedal is really picky about other parts of the chain etc, it all depends on the full rig and how it interacts...i didnt like it either...but the guy from The Sword uses it and he gets a really good sound for what they do.

• samzadgan;372264" said:
    Drew_fx said:

that pedal is really picky about other parts of the chain etc, it all depends on the full rig and how it interacts...i didnt like it either...but the guy from The Sword uses it and he gets a really good sound for what they do.
    This is true.

It's also ehx, which means you could have had a borked one. :(

Mine was fussy - had to go before wah, but was fine after my route 66. I like wah before distortion though, so off it went...
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Drew_fx said:

I do think it's not the most suitable name, muffs aren't very metal, the mids never get focused enough! It's a good cheap pedal though. In isolation it's killer, the eq is brilliant and the range of gain is great, it only really gets shown up when you play it against a more expensive pedals with superior components.