Prince and The Revolution: Live Prince was incredible BBC iPlayer

What's Hot
rze99rze99 Frets: 2387

Just watched Prince and The Revolution: Live A Purple Rain Tour performance that was beamed to millions live via satellite and captured for posterity as a Grammy-nominated concert film. Remixed and remastered. 

I saw him with a friend who was going to go with his sister who couldn't go so I got to step in. I admit I wasn't particularly into the tracks I'd heard before that (not much)  I hadn't seen the movie and and thought he looked like a rip off of a few artists. I wasn't prepared for how amazing he and his band were. What. A. Show.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001mpgh/prince-and-the-revolution-live

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3697
    Watching now. A really good quality print. That band really was the total package. Playing to a high standard and choreographing steps. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Mind blowing. A friend of mine had this on a knackered VHS that he'd dubbed from someone else. I'm glad it's finally seeing the light of day. Jaw dropping 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14744
    What would be even more impressive is a film of the after-show show.

Prince and his band would often decamp to another local venue and play a second - largely different - set for hardcore devotees.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1413
    was a great tribute night on BBC2 all round.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1091
    I caught the end of this on tv the other night. Didn't intend to watch it to the end but couldn't turn it off. What a performer. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2387
    What would be even more impressive is a film of the after-show show.

Prince and his band would often decamp to another local venue and play a second - largely different - set for hardcore devotees.
    I heard that.
    Watching that performance.. and wow what a show ... how anyone could do another show after that is unthinkable! 

Easy to see how his body wore out and the dependencies on drugs came into being. You can only do that kind of show like that when you are both young and fit.

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4872
    Prince was a genius. I saw him just once - at Wembley with (was it the New Power Generation?). Can't remember, TBH. Anyway, didn't matter - truly awesome.

Is it OK for me to say this recording left me a bit cold? Poor sound (I hooked it up to my hifi) and it just didn't connect emotionally. 

But I still think he was one of the greats and wish he was still here and working.