What tool (allen key?) do I need here to adjust knobs on a pedal?

What's Hot
RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12054
edited October 2014 in FX

As you can see, with them all turn down, the gain knob (top left) is not in the same 7 o'clock position as the other 2, I want to make it all line up the same, there is a screw on the knob, does anyone know the size of the allen key that i need to loosen it to readjust?

And is this the best way to do it

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited October 2014
    You say there's a screw in the knob, so a small screwdirver will do. Loosen that and the knob should come loose, re-align it and screw it back in.

(I'm guessing those knobs are similar to this sort)

• It's likely tree is a flat on the pot shaft. Therefore to adjust the position you'd need to remove the knob (small screwdriver or Allen key to loosen the worm screw) and then a spanner to loosen the nut on the pot. Rotate and then tighten.

Before you do this open up the back and check that there are wires to the pots. If they are soldered to the PCB you need to desolder these first.

Or just live with it....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Personally I find my favourite setting and then put the knobs at 12 ;)

seems a bit OCD to me as none of the knobs on a Klon are going to be on Zero anyway...

that said if I'd made the pedal I'd line them all up and probably commit Harakiri if the jacks were wonky ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3109
    Where can a chap get knobs like the black ones above..........

No smut please!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12054

There is a screw on the side of the knobs, yup, I will try and loosen up to see if i can adjust it.  If that doesn't work then i'll just leave it.  Not a big deal. 

• RaymondLin;372201" said:
    There is a screw on the side of the knobs, yup, I will try and loosen up to see if i can adjust it.  If that doesn't work then i'll just leave it.  Not a big deal. 
    If it's an Allen key fit rather than screw fit, let me know - I can send you a spare small Allen key that fits most of the metal knobby things I've come across :)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12054
    ThePrettyDamned;372215" said:
    [quote="RaymondLin;372201"]There is a screw on the side of the knobs, yup, I will try and loosen up to see if i can adjust it.  If that doesn't work then i'll just leave it.  Not a big deal. 
    If it's an Allen key fit rather than screw fit, let me know - I can send you a spare small Allen key that fits most of the metal knobby things I've come across :) [/quote]

Thanks, I'll take a photo and show you tonight, I think it is Allen but will need to make sure. Appreciate it :)
  • FazerFazer Frets: 468
    edited October 2014
    paulnb57 said:
    Where can a chap get knobs like the black ones above..........

No smut please!
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/langtronics/Knobs-/_i.html?_fsub=2948565013&_sid=1074996523&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

in a range of different colours

As you can see, with them all turn down, the gain knob (top left) is not in the same 7 o'clock position as the other 2, I want to make it all line up the same, there is a screw on the knob, does anyone know the size of the allen key that i need to loosen it to readjust?

as others said i'm pretty sure it will be a normal little grub screw, if you dont have a little screwdriver should be able to get a set from any highstreet hardware store type place, or a crap set from the pound shop
    just set it like you have, loosen it a touch, turn and retighten
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3109
    @Fazer thanks for the knob link!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll