Spiders attack!

What's Hot

Oh dear.  I know it's only the Daily Star, but I'm getting bored of spider stories now:-

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/343983/False-widow-spider-ATE-my-leg

'At first the spiders retreated, but in scenes reminiscent of the horror flick ARACHNOPHOBIA the creatures started running back towards him.

One of the spiders then LEAPT at him as he was packing to go home and - as he tried to swipe it off - plunged its FANGS into his leg.'

Do we really have to create a fear in this country about everything.  There's almost nothing dangerous in this country, you're statistically more likely to be bitted from a 70's Radio 1 DJ than a spider, and even the risk of that is low.  I don't read these papers but people keep posting this Rubbish on FB and it gets on my nerves.

I remember working on a farm in Australia and found a redback on my leg, it quite clearly wanted to get away rather than plunge it's FANGS in to me, so I'm thinking the risk of being posened to death by a spider in Stockport is pretty low. 

Appears spiders are to the Star what Immigrants are to the Daily Mail......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Sh*t journalism. Bottom of barrel.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    We're ok, it's winter up here where we are. You lot in the SW are up the creek tho eh?

Chortle......
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16082
    edited October 2014

a good friend of mine is TERRIFIED of spiders, absolutely TERRIFIED....

one day at work I found the largest spider I have ever seen in my life, lying dead in the sink. oh, it must have been about 4" or so across

well I parcelled that Mother up in a box a little larger in size than a 20 deck of fags and sent it tae my mates house,1st class....his wife tells me when he opened the package he screamed like the dude outta HOME ALONE for hours afterwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sz1j2Z7GQc

tae be or not tae be
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    They are bad round here as well :)