New Stupidly-Expensive Box Set Day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23575
    edited June 2023
    Must admit I've never seen them live. Although I had one or two of the albums in my teens, I only seriously got into them about 15 years ago.  Probably could have seen the recent lineups, but I don't really go to gigs nowadays.

Some friends of mine went to see them on the Number the Brave tour with Jonah Wetton, but for some reason I didn't go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12506
    Philly_Q said:
    Some friends of mine went to see them on the Number the Brave tour with Jonah Wetton, but for some reason I didn't go.
    Is Jonah related in any way to John? :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23575
    edited June 2023
    Fuck, I don't usually post on a device with auto-correct. And my eyesight's not the best.  Even more annoyingly, I double-checked that I'd spelled "Wetton" correctly because I thought the phone would do something weird to it.

Yes, he's his brother.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5129
    A perfect album
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    Philly_Q said:
    I slightly prefer Live Dates 2 and the Laurie Wisefield period in general, but I think Argus probably is their best album. Lots of the others are great though!
    Whereas I always preferred the Ted Turner era material. Although Laurie was a great replacement for Ted and a terrific guitarist, their songs got a bit weaker and more polite-rock after TT left. Argus was the band at their peak for me.