line6 pod for midi????

What's Hot
rocker6rocker6 Frets: 16
Does anyone know if a pod xt/x3/hd500 would plug into my blackstar s1's midi to use instead of the footswitch but still use its fx?
Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Yes. With the caveat that if you're switching presets on the Pod at the same time, you'll most likely get a small gap of silence when switching. If you stay within the same presets and configure the switches to send out program changes to your Blackstar, then you wont get this problem.
  • rocker6rocker6 Frets: 16
    Purely wanting to use it 1 bank at a time, 4 presets for the channel switch and the top row for fx
    Thanks
    Right. Here is what I would do:

- Use one preset for a whole song or set of songs.
    - Configure the top tow for 4 effects
    - Configure the bottom row *not* to change presets, but instead to send midi program changes

This will give you control over the amp across the bottom row, and control over the effects across the top row. You wont be able to change channel and change the state of the effects at the same time, so if you do any of that you'll need to press two or more switches in a row.
    Ah that doesnt sound as simple as i thought, argh thanks for the help though
    It's really easy to setup.

You *can* run it the way you're suggesting, by using a preset per-change. But you will get a small gap of silence when you change presets. If you can put up with that, then groovy.

The other suggestion I have is a Boss GT-100. It can do what you want and doesn't have a gap of silence. If you need tap tempo for delays though, you should be warned that they go all pitchy and wobbly when you tap the tempo.

I've been around this particular circuit many times before, as have a bunch of us, so you're in good company for advice! :)
    I never considered the boss as i never knew it was midi capable, cool
    Yeah i used to use a dl4 and a dd20 at the same time and noticed a difference in taps
    Well even amongst the Boss products the behaviour isn't the same. The DD7 is perfectly usable when tapping the tempo, for my purposes the GT-100 was too annoying. But the patch changing was really smooth. Probably the smoothest multi-fx on the market, and I've tried all of the midi compatible ones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom