SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Marauder Sold on EBay - 1975 Gibson S-1 or 1977 Gibson Marauder

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
    That is both awesome looking and a very reasonable price. If I had the spare cash...
    You are right of course @suitablyswell but just to help this over the line I’ll drop it to a straight £800 and if it doesn’t go at that price I’ll pull it and have a rethink 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2023
    Still in two minds whether to shift the Marauder or the S-1 that I pulled from sale a while back.

I’ll let the Fretboard decide - £800 firm for the Marauder or £1000 firm for the S-1 (which I think is cheap)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3374
    That S1 looks so cool, I like that a lot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2023
    Thanks J -  someone bid me £1000 for it on Gumtree but I suspect it was a bedroom dealer as he was using his wife’s account (Debs) and being really persistent in his view that it’s a really good offer and you won’t get any better and I’ve always wanted one . I countered him at £1150 as it’s the cheapest one out there by about £500 so if he’s always wanted one he would have bought it right ?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15007
    I can not believe that @HarrySeven has not shown any interest in these.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    He probably bought 3 of each in the 90s when they were about £250 !
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3374
    Thanks J -  someone bid me £1000 for it on Gumtree but I suspect it was a bedroom dealer as he was using his wife’s account (Debs) and being really persistent in his view that it’s a really good offer and you won’t get any better and I’ve always wanted one . I countered him at £1150 as it’s the cheapest one out there by about £500 so if he’s always wanted one he would have bought it right ?
    There is a glut of them circling at the moment. I’ve just pulled pretty much everything from sale as I just can’t be arsed with the BS on gumtree anymore. 

These are incredible prices, sod anyone who thinks you won’t get better. 
    There is a glut of them circling at the moment. I’ve just pulled pretty much everything from sale as I just can’t be arsed with the BS on gumtree anymore. 

These are incredible prices, sod anyone who thinks you won’t get better. 
    I have a feeling I might know which particular dealer this is - south coast bloke . It’s a feeling in my bones !
  • Lovely lovely guitars, I would definitely like to try one. 

Bought a epiphone Bonamassa 335 recently that I just don’t get in with, so will see if it sells 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

On hold - looks like a Gumtree chap is taking the S-1 but I’m not holding my breath !
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8069
    edited July 2023
    He probably bought 3 of each in the 90s when they were about £250 !
    Spot on! Certainly did. Which is why I’ve never equated them with much more £££ than that (sorry!) 

I’ve still got a few Sonex (Sonexes? Soni?) somewhere, which I CBA to do anything with.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Both back up for grabs (either or rather than both). I’ve just messaged a chap back on here who was interested in the Marauder to give him first crack  

I don’t know why I bother with Gumtree as it seems to be full of time wasters who just want to talk about buying the guitar (for days on end over multiple messages) rather than actually following through :-(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers James and not any more mate - I’ve kept the S-1 and my number 1 Marauder and sold the number 2 one on EBay for £1150 which I thought was pretty fair . These maple necked ones seem to be really expensive / overpriced in comparison and I’m not bothered enough to pay a grand premium !
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2651
    Cheers James and not any more mate - I’ve kept the S-1 and my number 1 Marauder and sold the number 2 one on EBay for £1150 which I thought was pretty fair . These maple necked ones seem to be really expensive / overpriced in comparison and I’m not bothered enough to pay a grand premium !
    :+1: