SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Collings 360 LTM Custom in Daphne Blue SOLD

What's Hot
Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 338
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
I received this beauty in a trade from a particularly wonderful fellow forumite. The intention was to keep it but two days later the Modern Eagle V I had been eyeballing became available and I can't justify such a spend right now. These Collings LTM's (and all Collings for that matter) are guitars of the highest order, with incredible attention to detail in every regard. The Mastery bridge and trem works flawlessly and the Daphne blue finish looks a million bucks in the flesh.

A few things to note: the pickups have been professionally swapped out for Alan Dingwall vintage spec P90's. I hadn't heard of Alan's work until receiving this guitar, but they are the best sounding P90's I've ever played by some margin. Not cheap either! The knobs have been swapped out but the original black ones are included and there's a custom made tortoiseshell pick guard included, but I prefer the original black one which is currently fitted. The flame maple neck is one of the nicest I've seen on an LTM and the included Ameritage hardshell case (all paperwork inside) is also a thing of beauty.

Condition is very close to mint. The only mark I can see is a 1mm lacquer lift on the headstock edge which you can see in the pics. 

Music street had one of these for sale recently but it's now sold. It was listed at £7500 which is what these custom finish LTM's retail for. Ridiculous I know, but then Collings aren't exactly known for their bargains. The price for this one is £3500 now £3300 now SOLD which is less than half price and seems fair to me. 

Pickup from Shropshire would be ideal, but I have one of those inflated air box thingamajigs on order from Stewmac which should be arriving in a few days, so insured shipping is also not a problem.

Trades also considered.

On to the pics!

0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 338
    Bumpage
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Still available and trades entertained 
  • Bump
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    Sublime looking guitar
  • Dominic said:
    Sublime looking guitar
    It's a lovely thing! Just waiting for the right home
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Beautiful guitar. It was mine before I sold it to Mike. 

Looked nicer with Mike's torty shell on it though, IMHO!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    That is absolutely stunning 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Hattigol said:
    You might well be right! I thought I liked it with the black but seeing your pic the tort is *chefs kiss*

Love how the daphne blue looks under your lighting as well.
    That picture was taken by Mike, not me! Cracking guitar either way...
  • Bump for a stunning Collings. Try me with your trade ideas 
  • Couple of nice trades offered but nothings hit the spot so still available.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    Wow that's an absolute beauty. I think I also prefer the torty pick guard but that's splitting hairs at the top end of gorgeous!
  • Benm39 said:
    Wow that's an absolute beauty. I think I also prefer the torty pick guard but that's splitting hairs at the top end of gorgeous!
    Thank you very much sir! And of course the new owner will get both guards to swap as they please. 
  • Now sold/pending!