He's no Morrissey  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23575
    Vintage65 said:
    He's no Morrissey  :)
    That's true in many ways.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 356
    Out of all the Stock Aiken Waterman back catalogue, Never Gonna Give You Up travelled better than most.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14744
    Looked up the list of songs already discussed by Beato. The thing most conspicuously lacking is music by African-American artistes.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    Looked up the list of songs already discussed by Beato. The thing most conspicuously lacking is music by African-American artistes.

I think he has quite a relatively small pot of music that he does like or consider worthy (50s jazz, The Beatles, jazz rock,grunge) so there's a whole swathe of (non jazz) African American music (blues, funk, soul, RnB,etc) and non American music (I'm sure even Rick thinks Bob Marley could write a song although obviously not enough chords) that never even seems to get a mention even in passing on his shows. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7888
    They had dozens of great KLOS sessions on Soundcloud which have now gone but here's a taste. 

As for Beato, Cornflake Girl 
  • He focuses on genres, songs and bands he likes… nothing wrong with that. I don’t think the selections are meant to represent a selection of the greatest songs… just songs likes and rates highly (and has the recordings of!). 
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 356
    He focuses on genres, songs and bands he likes… nothing wrong with that. I don’t think the selections are meant to represent a selection of the greatest songs… just songs likes and rates highly (and has the recordings of!). 
    I think he sticks to what he knows having played in bands and been a music producer, etc.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Vintage65 said:
    He focuses on genres, songs and bands he likes… nothing wrong with that. I don’t think the selections are meant to represent a selection of the greatest songs… just songs likes and rates highly (and has the recordings of!). 
    I think he sticks to what he knows having played in bands and been a music producer, etc.
    He has talked about how he didn't produce rap and hip hop like some of his peers. He produced mostly nu metal and wrote a number one pop country song. I agree I think it's a genre thing
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 672
    Jilted John