ao.com

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16669
    We might need a new fridge and MrsTheWeary was showing me what she wanted on ao. Thought I'd never heard of them then just spotted this thread. Although I don't see what's wrong with warm food...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ordered a fridge freezer off them. Good website, good choice of delivery, cheapest price I could find. They have tried to sell me an extended warranty but that's par I suppose. See if comes now!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited October 2014

Did they try the waranty sale by phone?

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    No point in extending the warranty on a fridge: one of the few kitchen appliances that go on for years. Unless you poke something sharp through the evaporator when you're scraping the frost out.
    chillidoggy;378864" said:
    Yes, started as a courtesy call about the delivery and turned into a warranty sale. Still, they were pleasant enough in the circumstances. The website is really good, watched a video review of the fridge.
    boogieman;378910" said:
    No point in extending the warranty on a fridge: one of the few kitchen appliances that go on for years. Unless you poke something sharp through the evaporator when you're scraping the frost out.
    Ours is about 7 and has been going wrong in various ways for a while. Not brilliant but not bad. If the new one lasts as long it'll cost £50 a year which is fine ( ie £350 to buy divided by 7).
  • chillidoggy;378864" said:
    Yes, started as a courtesy call about the delivery and turned into a warranty sale. Still, they were pleasant enough in the circumstances. The website is really good, watched a video review of the fridge.
    It's a funny world we live in these days where we actually choose to watch video reviews of fridges. But saying that, I'm considering a Washer Dryer and I fully expect to watch video reviews of those.
    roundthebend;378940" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

chillidoggy;378864" said:Did they try the waranty sale by phone?

It's a funny world we live in these days where we actually choose to watch video reviews of fridges. But saying that, I'm considering a Washer Dryer and I fully expect to watch video reviews of those.
    I don't think it occured to me to go to a shop and look at one, so a video review was reasonably helpful. Not the most exciting 2 minutes of my life though.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
     watched a video of the fridge.
    WTF?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:
    WTF?

in my defence it wasn't just of a fridge doing nothing, there was an attractive woman in an ao polo shirt and grey slacks showing the features. Like the door, and the crisper tray.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    mike_l said:
    WTF?

in my defence it wasn't just of a fridge doing nothing, there was an attractive woman in an ao polo shirt and grey slacks showing the features. Like the door, and the crisper tray.

Is Mrs TheWeary aware you watched a video of a woman in a polo shirt and slacks?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:
    mike_l said:
    WTF?

Is Mrs TheWeary aware you watched a video of a woman in a polo shirt and slacks?

she watched it with me, we have a very modern marriage.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Yeah, I watched the woman demonstrating the washing machine. I think it was a washing machine anyway.

Reference the phone number, I avoided the calls by giving them my landline with one digit incorrect. There's probably some poor bastard getting the spam calls instead of me.