Klon KTRs in at Joes Pedals

What's Hot
BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
Hey folks, I was surprised to see Joe has still got some KTRs left in stock! If you're after one just a heads up. http://www.joespedals.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11523
    Charlie Chandler still has them as well, although he is charging £10 more.  He might match the price if you give him a call.

http://www.guitarexperience.co.uk/effects/new/klon.html
  • Has the hype died then?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Has the hype died then?
    Looks like it.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I'm selling one too! The hype is justified, but I prefer fuzz. Doh. 
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Well the original Centaurs are holding their price at around £1250. As long as they do I think the KTRs will be in demand.
  • Love mine, not as a stand alone OD, but sprinkle it on top of a cooking lead sound and its heaven!
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    In the US where I (think) KTR's have sold out they seem to be at around £400 on eBay which is a stern price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Also there's great demand in the EU too from what I've seen...
  • Whats a Klon?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    I think generally the demand for these has dropped off, certainly hasn't been the frenzy there was on the last batch. I dont just think its ktrs, prices on dam gear and a few other high end bits has dropped aswell.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7507
    edited October 2014
    allicio;374656" said:
    I think generally the demand for these has dropped off, certainly hasn't been the frenzy there was on the last batch. I dont just think its ktrs, prices on dam gear and a few other high end bits has dropped aswell.
    I think it's largely because people have realised a few things.

Firstly, it's just a circuit - a Klone is just as good.

No, really, it is. Physics.

Secondly, the mythical magical diodes are rare... But not so rare they can't source a few thousand sets of them to stuff into an smd board?
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    There's still demand for the Klones (I really should get off my arse and make some...), but the hype has finally caught up with it now. It's a really good OD that's a little different to the norm.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Is this a new batch of ktr pedals?    I didn't realise they were still being made.   I know I could get the same sound from a klone but I'm very tempted to try one.  If that's the price for a new one, then it's fairly risk free that I'd get at least most of the money back if I decide to move it on.    I was putting money aside to try a cornish but this might entertain me in the meantime.
  • John_P;374979" said:
    Is this a new batch of ktr pedals?    I didn't realise they were still being made.   I know I could get the same sound from a klone but I'm very tempted to try one.  If that's the price for a new one, then it's fairly risk free that I'd get at least most of the money back if I decide to move it on.    I was putting money aside to try a cornish but this might entertain me in the meantime.
    Will you get your money back this time? It looks like they're a lot less desirable, not an instant sellout.

John_P;374979" said:
    Will you get your money back this time? It looks like they're a lot less desirable, not an instant sellout.

So they are new ones?   Is this an ongoing production?   
    I'm not thinking about profit or getting all my money back if I decide to move it on, I'd like a pedal to use but given the previous hype I wouldn't expect to take a massive hit if I sold it.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    They are new ones. I believe productions going to be a lot more forthcoming but we've all heard that before!
    I don't think you'll take a massive hot if you sold it but I think the days of flipping for profit are gone.
    I'm very tempted to grab a new one!   I'm looking for a low/mid gain pedal alternative to my zendrive, and should try one while they are available - thanks for the headup :)

(just getting sidetracked checking out the kingsley jester though but I hit buy)
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Meh, just another mid boost pedal… and I like my mids where I set them on the amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom