SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN Gray Guitars Emperor HSS shoreline gold £1900 (trade option added - EBMM Silhouette)

CostelloCostello Frets: 44
edited January 11 in Guitars £

For sale my Gray Guitars Emperor in Shoreline Gold, handmade by Tom Gray. 

You’ll find a bunch of videos at https://grayguitars.co.uk/ about how brilliant these are, from Chris Buck, Mike Bradley, Justin Sandercoe and the Andertons guys. 

Tom Gray has made guitars for a lot of pros. For example, Graham Coxon is playing an Emperor he commissioned from Tom on the current Blur tour. 

Specs on this one:

Premium American Alder body. High gloss nitro finish in a gorgeous shoreline gold, the name of which really makes sense when the light hits it. 

Neck and fingerboard are master grade roasted Canadian birdseye maple and PLEK’d. The oil-and-wax finish on a ‘slim 60s’ profile, coupled with the compound 9.5-12 inch radius ‘board and tall-narrow frets, make for all the slinkiness you could want. 

Gotoh tuners, Wudtone CP Vintage tremolo, CRL 5-way switch. 

The pickups are by Radioshop and they’re wonderful. An Alnico 4 1958-style PAF in the bridge, coupled with Chris Buck signature ‘Increased Dynamics’ Alinco 5 single coils, which received a Guitar Magazine ‘Choice Award’ in 2018. Check out https://www.radioshoppickups.com/ for more information on these. 

Single 500K volume control and single, stacked tone control which allows 250K for the single coils and 500K for the PAF. That, like the sculpted heel and easy-access truss rod, are marks of how well thought-out this guitar is. 

Comes with hard case. 

Sounds and plays as beautifully as it looks. Jeremy Hunt forces sale. 

Given the PLEK and birdseye grade, this would cost you around £3,200 new. At the time of writing, there’s only one other Emperor available second hand in the UK, at £2,399.

I’m asking £1,900, collection or meet-up only, near Portsmouth (happy to drive and meet within reason if you're coming a way). 

*EDIT* Would consider a part-trade for EBMM Silhouette or Silhouette Special (HSS or HSH, hardtail or trem), with some cash my way. PM to discuss if that's of interest. 

*FURTHER EDIT* Withdrawn, thankfully! 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CostelloCostello Frets: 44
    edited January 11
    Was hoping to leave this as a 'soft withdrawal' but unexpected car bill leads to bump with trade option added. As above, in addition to a straight sale I would consider a part-trade for EBMM Silhouette or Silhouette Special (HSS or HSH, hardtail or trem), with some cash my way. PM to discuss if that's of interest. *EDIT* For clarity, this has been withdrawn. I've added that here to save bumping the post for no reason. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom