Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098

Holy shit. This thing's good.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Epic Amp GAS!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This, is called winning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

but its the same amp as the one underneath...;)

obvioulsy kidding mate...BIG congrats!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgan said:

It would be, if it was an amp ;) That's a JC cab...

However, you do bring up an excellent point. I bought this amp because I wanted a three-channel amp and figured I'd jump straight to the end of the story - I'd always end up getting one at some point, so it just made sense to skip the needless cost of the bits in-between.

Anyway, I wanted a three-channel amp because as much as I love the Jet City amps, rolling off the guitar volume for clean just results in too much of a drop in actual volume. So...problem solved with the Decatone, right?

Well yes, but in two ways. The crunch channel doesn't drop in volume much at all when you roll off the guitar volume for clean, even with the gain right up at the top.

So basically, I've just spent £1600 on a clean channel that's attached to an amp that doesn't need it.

My brain hurts right now ;)
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice work Sir! When I saw NAD thread and Your nickname I had only two amps in mind ;) Soldano or JCA. Great score mate, enjoy!

btw: What's that delicious crème de la crème with fantastic maple neck on the right hand side? Show her!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    lol

But I bet you're glad that other thing didn't work out now :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    When are we going to hear some clips?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Just bear in mind, Adam Jones uses a Diezel VH4 and a Marshall Superbass at the same time; He sticks with channel 3 of the Diezel all of the time and uses his volume control and turns off his MXR Micro Amp to get his clean tone.
  • btw: What's that delicious crème de la crème with fantastic maple neck on the right hand side? Show her!!
    Heh...that's my knackered old Squier Strat from about 25 years ago. I lent it to someone who utterly fucked the neck, so I bought a replacement for about £60 on eBay...it turned up a lot fancier than I expected ;) That guitar needs a lot of work, but I'll post some pics when it's finished :)

ICBM said:
    lol

But I bet you're glad that other thing didn't work out now :).
    I'm not exactly sobbing at my desk, if that's what you mean :D

When are we going to hear some clips?
    Probably in a week or so. I want to get the hang of it before I put clips up, purely because I want to be able to do it justice. An amp like this deserves a bit of care and attention. I'm going to try to book some time at our rehearsal hall so I can properly record it at volume :)
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    If clips arrive before stems do, I'm not going to be impressed ;)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Nice gas .. you'll be deaf by Sunday .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    samzadgan said:

It would be, if it was an amp ;) That's a JC cab...

However, you do bring up an excellent point. I bought this amp because I wanted a three-channel amp and figured I'd jump straight to the end of the story - I'd always end up getting one at some point, so it just made sense to skip the needless cost of the bits in-between.

Anyway, I wanted a three-channel amp because as much as I love the Jet City amps, rolling off the guitar volume for clean just results in too much of a drop in actual volume. So...problem solved with the Decatone, right?

Well yes, but in two ways. The crunch channel doesn't drop in volume much at all when you roll off the guitar volume for clean, even with the gain right up at the top.

So basically, I've just spent £1600 on a clean channel that's attached to an amp that doesn't need it.

My brain hurts right now ;)

sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...and this is what you had to do!

forget price and functionality...this is something you have been looking for for a while...and if you bought something else, it would have just been a placeholder until you got this...so why waste time and money...like you say, skip the rest and go for the best!

• Oh my god, congratulations! Nice one :D

So go on... How does the tone compare to the Jet City?
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1826

Ooooooooooooooooooooo

Nice !

WOW !

Can i borrow it for a gig on saturday please?

• Congrats Digi, wait till you crank it, I guarantee you'll be smiling, the sweet spot doesn't have to be that loud either. My fave is playing riffs in the crunch channel then hit the overdrive for a lead break, the definition of the notes just cuts through nice n' creamy no matter how much distortion or speed you play at.
    If you ever want to finish it off with the 4x12 lmk
    ;)
  • Oh my god, congratulations! Nice one :D

So go on... How does the tone compare to the Jet City?
    I haven't done a back-to-back, and I probably won't have a chance to until I book some time in the rehearsal room on my own. In fact, I'll probably do a video, and include a comparison of the equivalent settings of the two while I'm at it.

I'm totally knocked out by this thing, though. Even at low volumes, it's farkin' incredibly good. I can't escape the feeling that a pair of Eminence V12s might make it even more awesome, but I just can't afford anything else for the near future.

gubble said:

Ooooooooooooooooooooo

Nice !

WOW !

Can i borrow it for a gig on saturday please?

Thanks, but no :D
    <space for hire>
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1826

@digitalscream - ahhhh go on. I'm sure the pub in eastleigh will appreciate it compared to my jet city.

:)

• I'm actually properly envious.

Pm me your next gigs when it'll be in use. I want to hear this thing roar :)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    Sweet :D
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    Proper good GAS. Enjoy!