SUbZero H5 Head NAD (sort of)

What's Hot
spev11spev11 Frets: 425
edited July 2023 in Amps
I've just bought a SubZero HT5 for not much money at all. I know little about it other than its a single 12ax7 valve. Nobody seems to have a manual available or know much about them. Ive found a MusicRadar review. I'm wondering if its a clone of something maybe? I've only had a brief search and not much has come up. 
  My intention is to run it into my greenback cab for a stereo setup, or from the direct out of the OC5, not sure yet but its only for a bit of fun.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1692
    Not an H "T" 5 Spev but a " Subzero Tube H5". It seems to be a pretty basic 'double triode plus EL84' design and so will probably perform like most such amplifiers.

The proper HT-5 is unique AFAIK with its fixed biased, push pull 12BH7 output stage which gives just about 5W clean but also nearly 10W if you really give it the beans.
    The Blackstar Five is also a fully featured guitar amp with FX loop (pedal and 'pro' levels) emulated out, reverb and channel switching and 'studio grade' very low noise levels.

Dave.

• spev11spev11 Frets: 425
    Sorry , typo on my part  =)
    edit for correct model in title
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1692
    OK! No worries mate.

Dave.
    It's arrived and it and despite the review saying it had just the one valve there's two in there, an EL84 and a 12AX7. Seems quite well constructed (its is particle board) but not the horror show I'd thought it was going to be. Sounds quite good through the greenback that I've shoehorned into the cab, all in a bargain for £55 I think.
     Currently running a wet/wet setup, will try wet dry tomorrow, thought I'd like ping pong delay more than I did but hey ho its all fun.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom